For thirty-five years ago

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Here's how it looked like for thirty-five years ago and how it looks today. ( How it looked like from the pictures and how it looks like today from the recent video posted few days ago.)
It’s from exact same place.
I remember while flying with my Bensen, I was wondering how things would change and how tourist industry, which is one of the major income for Cyprus, would grow. It's a wonderful feeling.

The pictures and video link below.
Aviomania Genesis G1sa Let Me Fly - YouTube

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The quest for wealth is the engine that drives the destruction of course. It's the circle of life I suppose.

We all want a $300,000 R-44...or a MD-500...or a Bugatti Veyron...

My opinion is, if a person routinely takes more that they "need" and gives back less than they take, they are part of the problem. In the animal world, very few animals take more than they need. I can't think of one that hoards and accumulates like we humans do.

You cannot push a rope though. It will never change unless an outside force is driving the bus. One day in the not-too-distant future, (as Moore's law implies) collectively, optical computers will see what human greed is doing and put the brakes on by taking control of the world economy and rationing our money to us. Our "allowance" will be too small to do any damage any longer.

Last edited:
Bryan, I like your thesis.

What damage? Give it time & what man builds will revert to its base state From irons to oxides, Glass to sand, We're just Fleas on a dog, Not a dog on a flea.

...One day in the not-too-distant future, (as Moore's law implies) collectively, optical computers will see what human greed is doing and put the brakes on by taking control of the world economy and rationing our money to us. Our "allowance" will be too small to do any damage any longer.

If these supercomputers think things through, they will realize that without human greed, there would be no Moore's Law!

My computers are already 10X more powerful than needed to do most of what I do, and few apps short of high-res video rendering need any more speed. Intel's next generation chipsets will focus not on still-higher speeds, but on greatly reduced power consumption and heat, and longer battery life. So, in its own way, the drive to gain more market share is already starting to benefit the environment.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

Very Nice Video Girogos!

Very Nice Video Girogos!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful coastline Giorgos.

It is no wonder to me that people want to visit and support the local economy.

There is something about the sea and the shoreline that draws me to it.

I love our flights along the shoreline near our home.

Interesting song too.

I wonder what our shoreline will look like in 35 years.

Thank you, Vance

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
Shore line will be higher? 17 years ago I flew in Alaska, Ennikleet is still the same place & it's 1.5 ft above sea level.

Speaking of greed.

Global climate change is real. Its been documented going back thousands of years. (Ice age anyone?)

Man made global warming is NOT a proven theory. That's the real inconvenient truth.

But back on thread subject.

I like the photos showing then and now. It shows progress. If you want to go and visit for a vacation, most people want to be comfortable, safe and enjoy themselves. This looks like a good place to visit.

Thanks for sharing.