Aviomania achievements and alternatives

I just notice Aviomania is an european brand! That is good news. John Rountree is so active in the forum I thought Aviomania was american:D

I would like to know more about Aviomania achievements in the european market, and how are the certification issues being handled. I am in Portugal, if there is any specific information... (a funnny, thing the local dealer of Magni, said the gyros are registered in France, not in Portugal. Does anybody know why?)

Aviomania as a kit manufacturer seems to be a good option in europe. I would like to know if there are other good kit manufacturers in europe, to compare. Please.

Hello Ricardo.

European light aviation is under EASA regulations. Single seat aircraft below 300Kg MTOW and 2 seat below 450 Kg ( excluding 2 seat Gyroplanes... Gyroplane have to be below 560 Kg) are MICROLIGHTS and are not regulated by EASA.

Its up to each European Country to form its own regulations for microlight aircraft. Deferent countries have deferent regulation. Some countries allow only factory build microlights that meet there own cert. standards____ Like UK allows only gyroplanes that are certified under "Section T".

Other countries recognize certifications from other countries. some others accept a microlight if there are 3 flying examples of the same type that logged a certain amount of time in safe operation.

Now.... a European registered microlight is allowed to fly in another European country. that is why some microlights are registered in a country that have the certification.

A home built microlight ( buying a kit and built it your self) require no certification in most countries. You built it then have it inspected from the Authorities and they issue a permit to fly as a homebuilt, or type "Accepted" not as a type "Approved".

We have about 6 Genesis flying and are registered in Cyprus, Greece and Italy. 4 others are being built in other European countries and 4 more in the rest of the world.

You can also get a ready built gyro from us that is registered in a European country that accepts it and fly it in your European country if there is no law against it.

Our single seat is in proses of passing through a certification in 2 countries. same is planed for the 2 seater.

Certification takes time and money so...... prices will change for European market as soon as we have the specific certification that is accepted in most other European countries. Then only ready built gyroplanes will be available in Europe.

So.. if someone is interested in kits now is the time to take advantage, since we do not know for how long kits will be available. Regulations in Europe makes it easier to be dealing with factory built microlights.

Last edited:
Hello Nicolas! Thanks for the info. I will follow Aviomania developments. Europe is so regulated... the only thing they don´t regulate is the financial system :suspicious:
I am sure you will manage to provide very competitive prices (other famous gyros are charging too much). best wishes!!:yo:
Ricardo

Nicolas, would the Genesis meet section T standards?

Leigh, Yes it will..... even if they are very "Picky" and "Find" something they do not like The design allows for easy modifications so that we keep everybody happy......

but it meets all the numbers in section T

It will not pass with standard bensen / KB undercarriage but it will pass with the 4130 undercarriage.

UK certification takes too long, its expensive and is only for UK.... so it is not in my priorities to go through the section T now. Only if there is a co-operation with someone in the UK i will do so.