Florida bound this week. land hunt

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Well some of you that have met me at Bensen days or Mentone, probably met my girl friend Cindi, she is a retired Army helicopter mech.

Anyway, even before she met me she has been wanting to move to Florida.

well we have been talking about it and honestly I like the idea my self.

what we have talked about doing is find some land, such as maybe the edge of some farm land or even swamp land if it is flat and clear and make a runway/heliport and put up a hanger that we would modify the top area into a hanger home.

would love to hear from anyone that may have some leads on some land that might be suitable for this.

she has a time share and we are going to go to Florida sometime before the 29th of this month.

going to be looking around the middle of the state probably around the wauchula area or more south.

Oh another point, we need to be somewhere close to a V.A. Hospital for Cindi's tests. ( disabled vet. )

Thanks for any help in advance.

feel free to E-mail me any info you may have.

Last edited:
Anyway, even before she met me she has been wanting to move to Florida.

would love to hear from anyone that may have some leads on some land that might be suitable for this.

feel free to E-mail me any info you may have.
Tim,
I have recently had extensive dealings with a local Wauchula realtor whose energy and expertise are unlimited. Knows the area of all central Florida like the back of her hand. And is fun to work with..........
I have sent her your post and she'll be familiar with your inquiry, particularly because we have been working together trying to find me something in the Wauchula area, as well.
Please send me an email [email protected] and include your contact info and I'll pass it on to her.
Best of luck.....neighbor.
Trez

Her contact info below:

Nancy Craft
Address:702 South Sixth Avenue, Wauchula, FL, 33873
Office Phone:(863) 773-2122
Fax:(863) 773-2173)
Email:[email protected]

Taking from Wuachula, there is a diamond shaped area with Immokallee on the south end, Port Charlotte to the left, anothe little airport at the edge of the Everglades to the east , , ,can't remember its name.
In the middle stands LaBelle former home to Sunstate PRA, also there was someone building the new version of a commercial gyro.
Good hunt and moving . . .lots of gyronuts around and happy!
Heron

Tim,
I have recently had extensive dealings with a local Wauchula realtor whose energy and expertise are unlimited. Knows the area of all central Florida like the back of her hand. And is fun to work with..........
I have sent her your post and she'll be familiar with your inquiry, particularly because we have been working together trying to find me something in the Wauchula area, as well.
Please send me an email [email protected] and include your contact info and I'll pass it on to her.
Best of luck.....neighbor.
Trez

Her contact info below:

Nancy Craft
Address:702 South Sixth Avenue, Wauchula, FL, 33873
Office Phone:(863) 773-2122
Fax:(863) 773-2173)
Email:[email protected]

Trez, thanks for the Info, sent ya an E-mail, will call Nancy Tomorrow.

I am really liking the Idea of a Move to Florida with Cindi and then get active with Sunstate. I think it would be a good move for me to get away from this depressing area I am in now.

I will need to find out with zoning what is allowed, but Ideally I want to build a hanger with an upstairs living area.

I have even mentioned to Cindi that just to have a place to live till we get the Big building up i could always disassemble my shop I have now, move it to Fla. and convert it into a smaller home to live it.
it would not be anything fancy, but I could easily live in a 32 foot x 25 foot shop converted to a house.

I think the right land will open up a lot of opportunity for me to improve my life.

WooHoo, got a call from the Realtor lady, she told me some things that has me excited. I think if Cindi and I can make this happen we could make a good life with each other.

I have an airport with a hangar under the house. 10 acres is our half, the runway is 5,240'. 6 acres for critters and people. PM me for price range, if we are in the same ball park, I'll talk it over with the family. 7-8 miles NE of OBE airport. Ours is 90FL.

Phil

Mannn....this is starting to look like.....

Mannn....this is starting to look like.....

FACEBOOK.....mwahhahahaha......or As The Stomach Turns.....wink wink.....Oh wait......this is an off topic thread.....SORRY.....I need to take my medicine....LOL.....nevermind.....:boink:

Come on Phil,

Just divide it up into 1 acre lots and we'll all buy a piece and live happily ever after! Please.........................................

well the reservations are set, we will be staying at the osterbay resort on the 29th in Sebastian Florida. we will leave greensboro a few days ahead of time as Cindi wants to drive to Key west just to sight see. and we will check out the Realitor on the way thru.

I love a good road trip now that I have a car I can travel in.

Have a good trip to Canada Tim ..... just kidding .... a few years ago it seemed like half of our population went to Florida for the winter. :)

At one time Mel Fisher had a big display of his sunken treasure in Sebastian and I wished I could see it. I wonder if it is still there. Have a good trip.

Hi Arnie, moving to Florida is Cindi's thing, it is on her bucket list, she is retired Army.

but I support her in what she wants to do and I don't mind the Idea of moving to Florida.

I have lived in Buffalo N.Y., N.J. Virginia it 2 parts and in n.c. I have had my fill of the cold. the idea of moving to a nice warm area sounds better every day.

Also my sister and her Husband are moving back to Greensboro, so they can look after mom now.

who knows how this will all go, but I am all for the Move. who knows might even find a local Helicopter CFI in Florida, right now I would have to drive a few Hours to get to one.

If the global warming lobby is correct, Arnie, you’ll soon be able to loll on the beach in Churchill on Hudson Bay and have no need for a trip to Florida. The polar bears will have vanished.

In the meantime, Florida is a great place to develop skin cancer and cataracts.

well the reservations are set, we will be staying at the osterbay resort on the 29th in Sebastian Florida.

Tim:

Make it a point to look us up at X59 - Valkaria.
Maybe 10 minutes from Sebastian.
3 active gyros, 1 new resident heli, 1 through-the-gate heli, and more rotorcraft under discussion.
And we can fly the beach! No Moron can do that. :D

Tim:

Make it a point to look us up at X59 - Valkaria.
Maybe 10 minutes from Sebastian.
3 active gyros, 1 new resident heli, 1 through-the-gate heli, and more rotorcraft under discussion.
And we can fly the beach! No Moron can do that. :D
Larry sounds fun, send me a Pm with you number and I will put it in my phone.

I can already tell I am going to enjoy the area, looks like everything is with in an hours flight, looking forward seeing valkaria.

Have a good trip to Canada Tim ..... just kidding .... a few years ago it seemed like half of our population went to Florida for the winter. :)

At one time Mel Fisher had a big display of his sunken treasure in Sebastian and I wished I could see it. I wonder if it is still there. Have a good trip.

Hey Arnie, A lot of folks believe Mel left a lot of his treasure submerged again behind his Sebastion Riverfront home.
So in that respect, his treasure might still be there, but his museum has moved to Key West.
Tim, you will enjoy the Valkaria/Sebastion area. Have fun.

Tim- You may very well be better off pulling up stakes and starting anew. I love going to Florida....its like its a different country. One of my friends down there speaks with a slovish accent....so it must be composed of foreigners.......

You two just take your time and follow your gut feeling. I think an open gyro in Florida would be as good as it can get........................unless you want to hover, then I would be having alligators grabbing my skids and wishing I never wanted to hover!! I really think if I had a helicopter in Florida.....it would kill me down in some bayou with gators....

Stan