Statement from Kaman Corporation, On the Death of Company Founder, Charles H Kaman

Never got to fly one of his helicopters, but I've played one of his Ovation guitars, and he'd be someone to be missed on that basis alone.

A good friend of mine, Hal Knowles (of ONE SIX RIGHT fame) personally knew Charlie Kaman and had flow any of his designs. I'll e-mail Hal and get some comments to share with us at a future date.

Wayne

I had seen the KAMAN name many times in the music industry but never equated it to the KAMAN helicopter name. Interesting.

I know he had a hobby of raising seeing eye dogs for the blind. German Shepherds I think. He tried to select the best ones for the job. They say he measured his success by how many people were guided by his dogs , and how many lives were saved by his helicopters. Those are small markets with big rewards.

A good friend of mine, Hal Knowles (of ONE SIX RIGHT fame) personally knew Charlie Kaman and had flow any of his designs. I'll e-mail Hal and get some comments to share with us at a future date.

Wayne

I look forward to anything you can come up with Wayne. Behind the scenes stories are often the best. Mr. Kaman left a trail of helicopters behind him followed by a trail of admirers that he always claimed were there. Love to hear from one or two of them.

as a kid i grew up..............

as a kid i grew up..............

in the town of windsor which was next to kaman in bloomfield ct. i remember seeing these machines flying around. never knowing i would be flying one some day. hmmm. what a blast! my dad was a contemporary of charlie and involved in aerospace work for over 50 years. he is 92 now and we still have a MRO factory in s windsor ct with a heli pad out back. visitors welcome during the summer when i am up north.