Paxton, Il Fly-in June 8th

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
This coming Saturday, my hometown airport is holding their annual fly-in. I am all fueled up to make the 1.2 mile flight from my stairshop to the airport. This will be my third Paxton fly-in with my Helicycle.

Lots of trikes, ultralights, experimental, GA planes, the Carle Medevac helicopter, an R44, R22, and my Turbinator will all be flying.

I have invited Chapter 18 to "come on down" with their gyros, Mark Knight is invited to fly his big cool Air Command in, and Mark Greene was also contacted.

Two of my grandkids will be there with Barbara and I as they get to see "choppapapa" burn some kerosene.

Parents and their kids line up all day to get pictures of their kids sitting in my Helicycle. I have very little trouble with the kids getting in my helicopter, but seldom offer their parents a chance to sit in it.

Pictures and videos next weekend.

Anyone in the area....100 miles south of Chicago , you are welcome to the pancake/sausage----pork chop fly-in 7 a.m thru 3 p.m.

Stan

Last edited:
Sound like fun, wish I could go.

Please, take some pictures/videos for the rest of your friends?

Beautiful day for the Paxton fly-in. 5 helicopters showed up.... Several of the local ultralights were there....and many out of town people flew in.

The large helicopter is the Carle medevac helicopter. My daughter Jennifer works as a registered nurse at that hospital.

The white R22 is ol N4002K that I received my helicopter training in.

Two of my grandkids came up and they had lots of fun.....then wanted to go to our house.

I left the fly-in a couple of hours early to spend more important time with my grandkids.

The last two pictures are of the chopper on my lot next to my home. Colton and Ava were happy to see poppas choppa at home again.

I will post some fixed wing aircraft pictures later.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
Yo Bro.
I got the pictures you sent and thanks for sharing the fun and pictures of the fly-in with us.
Your grand-kids look so cute!

And boy do those shoes/skids shine!!! Your going to start grass fires from reflecting the sun if not careful in the summer.

Stan,

Nice pics of the fly-in. It would have been great to have been there. But our out-of-state friends did actually show up this weekend, so we missed your fly-in yesterday, and yet another one today!

It was really good to visit with our friends, but I was looking at the sky a lot while they were here.

No word from Mark yet. Guess I'll have to drive over there, and see what's happening with him.

More pictures from yesterday. The first one is Dan Probst and his hot RV-9. Dan also flies a red RAF2000. Dan, Jeff Millburg and myself each had a red RAF2000 and we were on the front cover of the PRA magazine several years ago.

Dan departed with probably a 170 mph low pass.

My grandson Colton was trying out various airplanes also.

The Helicycle made many flights yesterday while the other 4 choppers and almost all the fixed wing planes stayed on the ground.

I guess that's why they call them fly-ins instead of fly-ats!

Stan

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 044.jpg