Sissy or what

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
Hello,

I only got two photos to prove, I did get up at temperatures round about freezing. But when the low fog started to creep in, I decided to call it a (very short) day.

First flight this year, we have snow since X-mas, while usually we have 3 days of snow all winter.

I really hate global warming (don't get started, please).

Kai.

Attachments

• 2010_02_21_16_06_57.jpg
    2010_02_21_16_06_57.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2010_02_21_16_06_59.jpg
    2010_02_21_16_06_59.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0
Kai you are the man! Hats off to you :) And yeah......global warming my ass we had snow here in Florida!!!!

Hey Misfit, I missed you today. Not flying Eh?
I flew last week at sunrise Wauchula at 29 degrees F. I only lasted about 8 minutes.
I almost carried my camera but realized why bother, can't operate it with thick gloves on.
The frost created an effect of Wauchula covered in a light dusting of snow.
I tried it once, probably never again! (fingers still have cracked skin.):eek:hwell:

Yo Big Dave, dude I caught the first cold Ive had in three years. Im coughin up stuff that looks like contact cement. This weekends weather had me whining and wishing I was rotoring. Layed in the sun by the pool instead, listening to some tunes, and enjoying my girl.

Jeeze it sounds almost as bad down in Wauchula as it was here up at Rissington.

Open frame does make the flying just a little more challenging when the temp dips. My last four have all been very short ones with the last and longest 40 mins and me feeling rather uncomfortable after it. Took a while to get warm again.

Weather here now getting cold and snowy again, and just had a foot operation for a broken tendon in my right foot. Doc reckons on my back with foot up for next ten days and at least 4-6 weeks before any weight bearing on it. Bit worried about getting across for Bensen Days, just hope it heals OK.

Hey Leigh, take it from a dumass that knows, dont rush it. After a severe ankle break, I rushed back to work, and ended up with a "non-union". Three surgeries later, I have a fused ankle, and I cant run ever again. HUGE physical, and mental impact.

Jimmy who ?

Hello,

I only got two photos to prove, I did get up at temperatures round about freezing. But when the low fog started to creep in, I decided to call it a (very short) day.

First flight this year, we have snow since X-mas, while usually we have 3 days of snow all winter.

I really hate global warming (don't get started, please).

Kai.
Yep , Uh Huh , Yes , Oui , you are a big sissy Kai. How do you say yes in German? If I knew , I would have said that too. I estimate that if you could have 3 more months of winter like that you could claim to be half Canadian.

If you were half Canadian that would mean I am half German and I could spend the winters in your country. That skiff of snow would take one look at me and melt. All your problems would be over.

If your country gave me 200 million dollars I could be there every winter and things would be much warmer. I call them winter credits .

Tell your countrymen to never send carbon credits to a third world country run by a dictator. Send them to me instead. You could call me Arnold Gore or Arnold Schwarzenegger , whatever you prefer. Just send money.

I am just having fun Kai , but I admit it was a shock to me to see your beautiful country under snow. What I would really like to see is one of those nice castles with icicles hanging from the roof. Never seen that before.

Thanks for the fun Kai , and thanks for the pictures. But on a serious note we should bet one Canadian Dollar against one German Mark who will win the most gold medals in the Vancouver Olympics. I hope you win. We have way too much gold and snow here already :):)

Best regards to all Europeans who can fly below zero.

Arnie

Hmm doesn't sound good Mike.

Doc began by saying that they would replace with a cadaveric tendon. Then due possible complications with the donated kidney, switched to suggesting splitting one of mine to do both jobs. Put that off due to too much surgery and risk of infection and ended up doing a bone fusion in the joint with a big screw in through the heel to stabilize the foot and restrict the now uncontrolled roll.

One of the risks apparently is failure to fuse due early movement, so I am lying down with the foot up and not doing too much. Pretty painful anyway and the painkiller I have doesn't mix with booze, not much of a choice there, right! :)

Hello Arnie,

thanks for the fun. Sissy would up to a few years ago be translated "Weichei" (soft egg). But then a soccer coach called his players Warmduscher (warm showerers) and since then a million new terms arose: In-the-shade-parker, behind-police-car-slow-downer and the worst, women-understander (Frauenversteher).
I don't have carbon credits to sell, but it sounds like a good idea.

The snow that day was a sloshy, like on the slopes in Vancouver :D. What I really don't like is the humid cold with icy fog as we had that day, which creeps under your skin. A nice dry 15 below freezing is fine with me. I believe in "there is no bad weather, only bad clothing".

Kai.

Last edited:
Kai ..... we should bet one Canadian Dollar against one German Mark who will win the most gold medals in the Vancouver Olympics. I hope you win. We have way too much gold and snow here already :):)

Best regards to all Europeans who can fly below zero. I am talking temperature not sea level .

Arnie

Kai , how many gold medals does Germany have so far?

Do I have to send you money yet?

Tonight our hockey team plays USA.

Russia had an off game the other night and we scored highest. Last night Slovakia nearly caught us in the last three minutes. My heartbeat was the fastest it has been for a long time. That is what my wife would say if I had one.

But if we can win gold against USA in hockey tonight I will be able to keep all my Canadian dollars to my self. All 8 of them .

Arnie

ps:
Kai , I do not have a castle but I sure have big icicles. I am talking about the ones hanging from my roof , not the ones between my landing gear. I hope your country wins lots of gold. We have plenty here , snow too.

Best regards.
Arnie

Leigh - Was that the Achilles Tendon you were going to have done? I snapped my right AT in 1992. That HURT LIKE HELL. The great doctors at Naval Medical Center San Diego did a great job of putting it back together. I was in the USAF, and was sent there for the surgery. Hope your ankle gets better soon. You'll find your calf muscle will be a lot smaller after the long inactivity.

Arnie,

this is the picture today:

------------Gold Silver Bronce together
1. USA-------9 14 13 36
2. Germany--10 12 7 29
3. Kanada---13 7 5 25

So it remains exciting. Never thought Germany would be doing so well. But it ain't over yet.

We have replaced ice with storms here, bits and pieces from the neigbor's pattihoe are flying around. I'm not flying.

Leigh, once you get over the age of 30, things don't heal that well. Expecially when it is about joints, meniscus, and tendons. Don't rush it, you may be sorry for the rest of your life.

Kai.

Kai,

Did you use heated clothing?

No Terry, one that controls roll and forms a Y over the foot to the outside edge. Yup certainly hurt when I heard it snap. Kai I am babying this thing like you wouldn't believe, heard a couple of guys on the Forum say that, so lying back foot up, on the Forum with beers to hand.

We had a lovely day here yesterday and today. Called the guys up at the airfield but not a lot of flying, quite a steady wind from the NE and very very cold so I am not missing much.

Hi Tim,

no, that's why it was a short trip. I was wearing a USAF padded flight suit CWU-64/p and a motorbike jacket over it. But the fingers were not happy.

Kai.

Yes, the hands are the worst problem.

I went flying today with my "cabin heat" system and it worked well but the battery leaves no room for a passinger.