Bensen Days 2011 Picture Gallery

Russ

Aircraft
Single seat Dominator
Total Flight Time
290 in gyros
http://russking.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Bensen-Days-2011/16629992_56343W#1253361392_tZzL7w5

dsc_1833%20-%20version%202%20%281%29-XL.jpg

I know that guy... He's a friend of mine!

Good pictures Russ!!!

Last edited:
Awesome photos Russ,
What kind of Camera setup are you using?

Nice shots. Thanks.

I notice your camera takes away some of my physical beauty!!!!

Lovely photos Russ
Thanks

Russ- You are another high quality photo contributer that raises the average level of photos such as mine that I submit that arent as nice.

Stan

Site is reported down, i'll try agin later

Thanks Russ!
I really like the photo with Neil in the seat next to the Sub 4 logo.
Hope you sent that one to Clare in N.Z. :)

DeGraw rotor head

DeGraw rotor head

Russ,
The last page has a photo of Dick DeGraw with his triple rotor head. Was he at Bensen days with that head? Was he trying to sell it or just showing it?

I'd be very interested in talking to him about that head, do you have a way to contact him?

Thanks,
Larry

triple rotor head

triple rotor head

Russ,
The last page has a photo of Dick DeGraw with his triple rotor head. Was he at Bensen days with that head? Was he trying to sell it or just showing it?

I'd be very interested in talking to him about that head, do you have a way to contact him?

Thanks,
Larry

That photo was taken by Norman Lethbridge over at Ernie's. Dick and Ernie actually flew with that contraption! Ernie knows about it and can get you in touch with Dick.

There is an even better one in Ernie's shop that is covered up and hung up in the air where it is safe.

Russ

That rotorhead has flap hinges on the center of rotation for cyclic control via head tilt. It has no feathering bearings.

Contraption

Contraption

Thanks, I'll contact Ernie in the near future.

I'm not interested in jumps, so pitch control adds more complexity than I need or want. I'm contemplating a tilt head 3 rotor system. That design is what I would like to discuss. There are some components on it that puzzle me.

I've marveled at some of Dick's designs at Mentone over the years, and I'm curious as to why this head is so "beefy". Not knowing the rotors or ship it was on put me at a great disadvantage.

Thanks,
Larry

I talked to Dick briefly at Bensen Days. He's working on a 2-place Gyrhino now. That will be quite the gyro.