And yes...more winter flying in Maryland!

Irishpilot.......Mike,........... I have my sport pilot gyro rating.

Are you saying that I would only need an ENDORSEMENT to get my sport pilot fixed wing rating ?

That would be great !

Does anyone know ?

Last edited:
Irishpilot.......Mike,........... I have my sport pilot gyro rating.

Are you saying that I would only need an ENDORSEMENT to get my sport pilot fixed wing rating ?

That would be great !

Does anyone know ?

In order to add an additional category or class of light-sport aircraft, you must do the following:

- Receive training from a sport pilot instructor (or higher) on the knowledge and operational areas of the new category or class;
- Receive an endorsement from your instructor that you have met the knowledge and flight proficiency requirements;
- Successfully complete a proficiency check from another instructor (other than the one who trained you);
- Complete the FAA form and
- Receive an endorsement from your check instructor certifying that you are proficient and authorized for the additional category or class.

http://www.sportpilot.org/questions/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=6

Thanks Chuck, that's what I thought too.

That is why I was asking how Irishpilot got his gyro rating.

I just want to get an Endorsement like he did ! Is that possible ?

Chris,

I got my rating from two Gyro CFIs. Chesapeake Sport Pilot at Bay Bridge Airport (W29) is in the process of having several of their CFIs become Gyro CFIs and will be able to do check rides and training. I think as the FAA begins to allow factory built Gyroplanes to be classified as S-LSA...there is going to be an issue with not enough instructors. I do plane on getting my Gyro CFI.

When I say "our" aircraft I am talking about the aircraft that the Department of Justice is testing for law enforcement purposes. We currently have an Auto-Gyro MTO Sport and have just got checked out in the Auto-Gyro Calidus. We are in the process of working with Xenon and Magni (M-24) to get their aircraft in our program for testing. We have also talked with Sportcopter and the Spanish company ELA but do not yet have a proposal back from either of those companies as of yet (although we have had some great discussions with Jim of Sportcopter).

Our program has also testing S-LSA fixed wing and PPCs with great success but I think the future of Law Enforcement Aviation, at least for the smaller department who make up the majority of the 19,000 law enforcement agencies in the U.S. (of which only 300 currently have aircraft...), is Gyroplanes as they can do 90% of what a helicopter can do at 10% the cost! You can follow our program at www.justnet.org/aviation

And yes, flying is part of (best part!) my job!

Mike

Mike , I have not had much time to think about all this, But..............................

More instructors would be great !

Testing out those gyros & getting paid to do it must be great !

After reading all of your posts, I am starting to understand what exactly you are doing.

It just took a while to decifer it.

Oh & the 2 instructors that you had .....are they from this country ? I am pretty sure that we are all aware of our (USA) instructors' names & locations. It is a very short list !

What's happening bro ?????