Bensen Days 2011

MrGrey

Two months to go till Bensen Days and "where is the hype!?" I plan on being there this year and I am gunnin for a good time. I expect to get there on wednesday night or thursday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and doing some flying!

Matt- Looking forward to seeing you and all the others. I am landing in Orlando Wed afternoon, and after the paramedics remove some pork ribs from the lining of my heart, I should be arriving at Wauchula that evening. Stan

Sun 'n Fun is a week earlier this year I think, does it dovetail with Bensen Days as usual? I've never been and thinking about doing both.

I'll be there with Angie and the Gyrobee! Will be there about the same time as Matt and really looking forward to having a good time.

We will be somewhere in the south on Wednesday afternoon. Where is this BBQ joint everyone was talking about last year? This year I get to bring my trailer of fun. Even got the little one a little dirt bike to putt around on. It's for her. That's the plan. For now :)

Certainly looking forward to trying to come over for that. Probably have to try and arrange somewhere to stay as Stu is still with in-laws which makes that pretty crowded with his two young girls.

Stan, I'll be meeting you at the rib place again. Brian, I think it was in Orlando.

Still counting down the days till its here.. got our rooms booked on Siesta Key from Sunday thru Wednesday Night.... Will be in Wauchula on Thusday morning. I do have a question though. If I were to roll in on Sunday to drop off gyros before going to Siesta Key is there any possiblity of some hangar space for the week? Any of the Wauchula boys help a Yankee out? And the second question is....does anyone know of an airport nearby that would rents out FW? 172-150-Arrow-etc... I would like to be able to take the wife up for a spin while we are down in that area....anyone know?

Brian it's Smokey Bones in Orlando right behind Orlando Executive Airport on East Colonial drive. Tim your meal is on me my friend!!!! Stan you'd empty my bank account so you are on your own LMAO :)
Ok back to building gyro.....

Booked a room for Cathy and I last week. We're driving this year, and hoping the weather will allow us to drive around with the top down on the convertible. Will be there Friday and Saturday.

Looking forward to some great times again this year!!!

Hoping this trip will cure my winter blues. They've never been as bad as they have this winter.

Gabor- Its Filet-O-Pig night when I come down. Just set that 55 gallon drum by me as I chuck rib bones into it! Stan

I was talking to ron on the phone the other day. he was welding his exhaust while we were talking about engine oils. I think he's about getting ready. I got all new rubber and brakes, everything seems set. The trailer tires are holding air well. This is what we refer to as

"The Grandaddy of 'em All" for gyrotors.

hey, did i just come up with a new name? I kinda like it - gyrotor. Mine. Dibs.

Last edited:
The flying scotsman will be there

The flying scotsman will be there

Flight booked -- will arrive Orlando friday 1st april--hoping to spend a couple of days at sun & fun then on to benson days weds/thurs then back to uk on friday the 8th
wish i could bring my gyro but alas will not fit in case!!!
look forward to seeing you all again -- last visit was 2009
on a personnal note --leigh give me a call if u can

Morning John, will do.

Funny have just posted mentioning you when Chris tested your machine then went on to have those two engine failures within half and hour of each other.

Talked to Scott Lewis today and apparently he is operating Choppertown Tower during Sun n' Fun. We are gonna be rolling in to Wauchula on Sat evening and I think I am gonna fly to Sun n' Fun in the morning and spend the day on Sunday with friends and fam... Wife is gonna drive to the event and meet up afterwords then. Anyone interested in going w/ me from Wauchula that day or is there already any plans for it? Just wonderin...and puttin out some feelers...

Any one know if hotels in the area will have rooms left for BD at the last minute. dont know if f I can go till the last moment. may need surgery on my foot. or does anyone have a extra bed in theyr camper I can rent for the week at the last minute. I hope to be in my fl home the first week of april. anyone need a place to crash in route to BD let me know. Im in live oak on private strip if you are flyin in U cant crash here ha ha. nice landings only. gyrojohn

Which are the best days to attend if you had only 2 days?