Arson from the AIR? Plane crashes into building in Austin, Texas

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/texas.plane.crash/index.html?hpt=T1

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...efore-Plane-Crash/fY33M-cGNkqQGab4CwatpA.cspx

(CNN) -- The latest news as it comes in to CNN from the scene of the crash of a small plane in Austin, Texas. (All times are ET, one hour ahead of local Austin time.)

1:19 p.m.: FAA officials tell CNN the plane was a Piper Cherokee PA-28.

1:18 p.m.: A federal law enforcement official tells CNN that they believe the plane belonged to Joseph Andrew Stack.

12:49 p.m.: The Internal Revenue Service in Dallas, Texas, told CNN that the building is a federal IRS outsourced building. It said 199 of its employees work there. The IRS said it thinks all employees are accounted for, but they are checking.

12:42 p.m.: The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.
Are you there? Share your photos, video, stories with CNN

12:40 p.m.: Federal officials said two F-16 fighter jets were launched as a precaution after the crash, though terrorist intent was not indicated.

12:32 p.m.: Preliminary information indicates that the plane was a Cirrus SR 22, the FAA said. A Cirrus SR22 is a single-engine four-seat aircraft.

12:32 p.m.: The FAA said the plane departed Georgetown Municipal Airport, north of Austin, about 9:40 a.m., and that the pilot did not file a flight plan.

12:18 p.m.: Witnesses described an infernal scene that shook nearby buildings and sent fire and smoke bellowing into the sky. "I just saw smoke and flames," said CNN iReporter Mike Ernest. "I could not believe what I was seeing. It was just smoke and flames everywhere."

12:11 p.m.: Harry Evans of the Austin Fire Department said firefighters found "heavy fire destruction in and around the second floor ... lots of heat, lots of smoke, lots of fire."

12:05 p.m.: Two people were transported from the crash site to University Medical Center Brackenridge, said hospital spokeswoman Matilda Sanchez. She could not provide additional information. University Medical Center Brackenridge is the only Level 1 trauma center for adults in Austin.

12:03 p.m.: Cynthia Reed, who works in the building next to the one hit, told CNN she saw people who apparently were trapped. "They were hanging out the windows, screaming for help," she said.

12:02 p.m.: "At this time we have no reason to believe there is a nexus to criminal or terrorist activity," said Matt Chandler, spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security. "We are in the process of coordinating with state officials and other federal partners to gather more information and at this time we will defer additional questions to local officials and the FAA."

11:44 a.m.: Firefighters used two ladder trucks and other equipment to hose down the blaze at the building, which police said was located in the 9400 block of Research Boulevard. Traffic on Southbound U.S. 183, which is adjacent to the crash site, started to snarl as black smoke poured out of the seven-story building.

11:36 a.m.: A small airplane crashed into a building in Austin, Texas, Thursday morning, according to Lynn Lundsford of the Federal Aviation Administration.

Great, All it takes is one idiot to give all General Aviation a bad name.

Yep, lets give Homeland more reason to restrict more access to the airports.

this kind of news makes me sick.

I can see where eventually all GA pilots and other potential terrorist will have to go thru a "homeland screening" and carry a cleaarance card from HS along with there license and be updated every 6 mos yuk

Tony

He made it clear in his suicide "manifesto" that he wanted homeland security's punishment of pilots as a result of his action to shake us from our apathy over government tyranny.

He also blamed everyone but himself for the consequences of his life decisions.

I'll see what the reactions are at the area airports. We've got 2 local airport expansions going on. We'll need to support AOPA to keep further encrochment from shutting down GA. I don't want to talk to the TSA to be able to fly...

I was expecting to read some ridiculous rant...

I was expecting to read some ridiculous rant...

from some loser about religion and such, but the funny thing is he sounded not only rational, but amazingly like almost EVERYONE of my customers.
I wish he hadn't used an airplane either, but what if the name Joe Stack fifty years from now is remembered the same as Crispus Attucks? Just food for thought. Change has to start somewhere. When will the good people of this country band together and say "enough is enough!"

I don't wish for it, but I have resigned myself to expect it.

I fear we may see more of these kinds of actions in the near future.

Ben S

If I may quote Colonel William Ludlow " SCREW THE GOVERNMENT ".

from some loser about religion and such, but the funny thing is he sounded not only rational, but amazingly like almost EVERYONE of my customers.
I wish he hadn't used an airplane either, but what if the name Joe Stack fifty years from now is remembered the same as Crispus Attucks? Just food for thought. Change has to start somewhere. When will the good people of this country band together and say "enough is enough!"

I don't wish for it, but I have resigned myself to expect it.

I fear we may see more of these kinds of actions in the near future.

Ben S

People wonder why things like this happen..people going postal.
He obviously thought that he had his reasons and after reading Joe Stack's manifesto I can sympathize with his views regarding (IMHO) our corrupt government and financial systems which do favor the rich over the working class. One thing is true regardless of the type of government that you live under and that is The Golden Rule. He who was the gold makes the rules.

I can not condone this type of action against innocent people that work in the building he attacked. No matter what he accomplished in his life, he will always be remembered for the coward and lunatic that he became.

Gee Whiz Ben :wacko:

Where in the heck do you come up with the comparison with Crispus Attucks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispus_Attucks

Stoney..

Stoney..

I only meant that his name is remembered as the beginning of something big and important in US history. He actually only got shot in Boston along with I believe 4 others but we remember him with the saying "The shot heard round' the world"
I didn't mean to imply that his act (Stack's) was righteous or good in any way, but to further obfuscate the idea behind it let me ask you this are the Nazi guards at the concentration camps given a pass in the eyes of history simply because they "only worked there"?
If the IRS is in the future to be seen as an arm of a tyrannical government will not the employees of that government be seen as complicit in the act of tyranny?
Again just food for thought.
And here I usually try VERY hard to stay away from political commentary.
I apologize to everyone for dipping my toe in the pool.
I will try to refrain from discussing politics on this forum as we all love gyro's and thats is what this board is about.
Ben S

Ben

Ben

I apologize if you thought that I was browbeating you about it. Hence the rolleyes in my reply was intended to lighten the tone of the post.

I was just wondering where you were coming from with that comparison as Attucks was a victim of violence and Stack was a perpetrator.
I understand your point but hope that he will not be remembered in history as anything other than a anguished person gone postal.

With regard to the Nazi guards.. I think that has to be judged on a case by case basis. I'm sure that some of those guards enjoyed what they were doing while others had no choice but to do what they did or face the wrath of the SS.

I don't feel that the lower level employees of the IRS are responsible for the
legislation that is passed by congress that became our uninterpretable tax code. That belongs strictly to the US congress and IRS political appointees that really make the rules. I'm a government employee myself and try very hard to make sure that my work is always in the interest of the taxpayers and that everything that I do is both for the benefit of the public and scientific community and as cost effective as possible. I'm sure that there are many IRS employees who share that same ideals in their work.

I agree about this board being about gyros and should avoid the political stuff more myself, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Last edited:
When the U.S. Government steps outside the realms of the U.S. Constitution and blatantly or otherwise , exercises taxation without representation , like they have been doing for a very long time .
And that same U.S. Government blatantly or otherwise violates the laws and standards for which the People are vigilantly held too .
This is what will happen .
People are unpredictable .
If you take away a Mans hope you will have a Man with no hope .
If you take away a Mans dignity you will have a Man with no dignity .
If you take away a Mans future you will have a Man with no future .
If you take away a Mans respect you will have a Man with no respect .
If you take away a Mans voice you will have a Man with no voice .
If you take away a Mans freedom you will have a Man with no freedom .
If you take away everything that a Man has to live for you will have a Man with nothing to live for .
And what you will end up with is a very dangerous Man , with nothing to live for .
If you take a Man with nothing left to live for and push him to the edge of a cliff , don't be surprised if that Man turns around drops his pants bends over and says KISS MY A$$ .
Joe Stack made his statement .

Very sorry to hear all this stuff . . .Americans are good people, just a little disconnected from reality.
A citizen declared war on his own nation, wars are violent, the dead are casualties.
No common violence here.
It shows your Homeland Security is just smoke and mirrors, lots of your money (even Stack´s) going down the drain.
That is why they are affraid Iran gets its nucular power . . .
Heron

When the U.S. Government steps outside the realms of the U.S. Constitution and blatantly or otherwise , exercises taxation without representation , like they have been doing for a very long time...

Violate the Constitution, yes, but where do people come up with this "taxation without representation" crap? Just because your candidate didn't win, or doesn't give you everything you want when he gets in, doesn't mean you're not represented. It means you're in the minority view, and have to adapt, and spend the next 2-6 years doing a better job of making your point to voters. The use of the phrase during the American Revolution referred to British rule over colonists who had no voting rights.

The abuses for which capitalism gets blamed are almost entirely the result of government meddling in free markets, preventing them from their natural function of punishing the greedy, on the premise of protecting us with regulation. Consumers could bring down any corporation by withholding their purchases of its products, but we've become uninformed and lazy, as consumers and as voters.

Something is fishy. Two photos, similar sized planes, vast difference in damage.

How Joe's plane did an incredible amount of damage is peculiar for planes of a similar size. A similar sized plane hit a high rise in St. Pete, FL in 2002; the picture with the tail sticking out. And then there's Joe's plane with almost the entire side of the building blown out. The high rise had windows also.

Here's another example: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/10/19/bc-plane.html

Also, the FBI confiscated ALL surveillance footage of the event from surrounding properties. If it is never released???... Gee, what other events have occurred where we still haven't seen the videos?

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0
  • fireaustin.jpg
    fireaustin.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
PW Plack .
What I was poorly attempting to say is that we can't be taxed for what we are being taxed for and our taxes can't be spent on thing that they are spending it on .

Like that makes more sense .