seat tank

danmcgee

Aircraft
Phantom, Zenair 701
Total Flight Time
Need a good air command 5 gal seat tank with gauge sight tube and cover would be a plus anyone got one laying around please pm me and I will take it off your hands.

Dan

Still need a good 5 or 7.5 gal seat tank for my gyro and seat harness for my gyro someone help me out here.

Dan

Thanks Scott but I was told by several other members of the forum not to get a brock tank due to the fact they will expand and then leak over time is this not true then I would get the tank from there.

How much do you weigh?
I have seen the Brock tanks vent when it is warm and then gets sat on, just don't fill it so full. :)
You could always add an aux tank later.

Gee --Im over 200# and I flew a Brock tank for many years and never had one leak --it even survived a rollover--I still have it in my hanger and I'll probable use on some project sooner or later--

When I first came out with the Air Command, I designed it to use the KB 5gal seat tank. I purchased about 30 to 40 from him for the first Commanders I shipped, and every one of them would balloon up when filled, and you would sit down and gush fuel all down your back. Also he attached the fuel outlet by just threading a fitting into the plastic, which sometimes failed, and most of the times leaked. The sight gage hole was also just stuck into a hole with some glue.

Each time one went bad, Ken would mail me another to send to the customer, of course I had to pay the postage. After about 20 replacements, Ken refused to send more, and refused to fix the design. I was forced to build my own 5gal seat tank with the proper modifications to make it work right, and replaced all the Brock tanks I sold. Oh yea, I ended up eating the cost of all the KB tanks.

Later, Ken fixed some of the problems. I guess he got tired of replacing the ones he sold too.

Dennis, I love the 5 gallon tank.....comfortable !!!

I think If I had to do it all over I would want the 14 gal seat that I saw like this one. I like the fact that the seat belt goes through the tank also so it has sides to it.

Attachments

• 2pl%20seat%20tankbig.jpg
    2pl%20seat%20tankbig.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
Good looking seat hun!:first:
what you think of that?

Chris call thosae folks and the tank is not looking so good now they are in Canada and would run about $100 for shipping that makes the tank now uneconomical. But Nice Tank only weighs 12lbs and holds 10 gals Toms are 7.5 and weigh 11lbs But Tom is still the man for seat tanks and pre-rotators.

A couple of guys in our chapter have the 10 gallon versions of these tanks. They are pretty comfortable.

Dan got an e-mail from dale up in cand.

Not sure whether or not you realized the prices on our website are in
Canadian Dollars. Here are the prices in US Dollars.

Seat tank........$122.00:first:
Mount kit........$ 70.00
Seat Cover.......$102.00
Shipping.........$ 90.00 :(

TOTAL............$384.00

Well seat and bracket are $192.00 BUT the shipping to me was 90.00 bucks

Last edited: