The 'Missfit' went TRIPLE digits tonight...

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Satellite Beach, (Sea Park),(Original 'Lums Bums'
Aircraft
The 'MISSFIT' gyro, GRAND CHAMPION, Bensen Days 2010
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
She clicked over 100 troublefree hours after tonights flight!! What a great day, worked on a beautiful Cessna Conquest most of the day. Then went to Valkaria, hopped on my magic carpet and ripped through the woods at twenty feet for 70 minutes! Accompanied by Joe Bonamassa, and Nickleback at elevated levels in my earbuds, it was sensory overload. The throttle never moved for twenty minutes, as I traded altitude and airspeed back and forth.
The power-line, and engine-out demons were along as well, never far from
my minds eye. The Rotax belted out the horsepower in a steady drone, my
spine reading the vibration like a built in monitor. I reluctantly turned back at the 35 minute mark, glancing over my shoulder dissapointed at what else I could have explored. I advanced the thrust lever a bit more, racing the setting sun back to civilization. I watched as my landmarks slowly appeared.
I eased my girl in over the hangars, avoiding a couple of metric speaking
pattern bangers, and floated down across the abandoned runway, with full aft stick at the centerline. I laughed outloud in the car on the way home,
still amazed by this flying machine.:whoo:

All I can say I have never seen anyone loving to fly as much as you do in your own designed and built flying machine. I am hoping to follow your footsteps :)

Congratulations!

You capture the spirit of the gyroplane flight!

Congratulations . I never will forget being poart of the judging team at Bensen Days when your machine was entered. It was hands down a winner. Your enthusiasm for flying it matches. Its the "perfect storm". Stan

I believe I flew hour 1 on it. And I knew right then it was a keeper. Congrats

If I go to BD's it would be during the week, I'd have to leave to come home on Saturday

Can't wait to meet you next week Mike and get some flying in with you and your hotrod! I need to pick your brain on that 582 too.

Oh Gabor is coming? Sweet! Leave that thong at home. To cold anyway you wont have anything to hold it up :)

LMAO Brian that thingy is going to be the maiden flight suit for the Behemoth :) With yellow goggles!