Becoming a new Gyro pilot in Pa

Gregory Peck

Hello everyone, I have been viewing your forum for several years now on and off waiting for the day I would be able to buy a Gyro and join in the fun. I think I will be buying one soon so I would like to know some info. I need to know of anyone in Pa who can train me on flying a gyro and how much I should expect to pay for training. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Gregory,
We have one in Pa. James Nadig
PO Box 724
Grove City, Pa.16127
[email protected]
I don't know the cost. where are you from? I live in Latrobe. If I can help you in any way just let me know, and good luck to you.

Thanks Bumperdog, I will send him an email. I live in Harrisburg, I will keep you in mind, thanks for the offer. If you ever need anything laser engraved or laser cut for your gyro like switch/instrument labels or whatever let me know and I will hook you up. Thanks again

Gregory, Next month, Aug 15th thru the 21st. Larry Boyer has a flyin about an hour north of you at the Mifflin County Airport in Reedsvile, PA. There will be a great bunch of guys there and many gyros. You can get a lot of questions answered and I am sure one of the guys would be willing to take you up. Hope to see you there.
Paul

Sidekick, Thanks for this info. I grew up about 20 min west of Miff Co airport. I will definitely head over there for this event. Hope to see you there too.

I will be there with my Gyro from Wednesday the 17th thru Saturday the 20th, look forward to meeting you.
Paul

Sounds good guys, I am sure I will be there one of the days. I spoke with Jim today and received a bunch of good info. I will probably be passing on the gyro I had thought about buying. I will have to keep saving and keeping an eye out for a better deal. Its been a dream for a long time now, I can wait a little longer I think.

Gregory, Before you purchase a gyro do your research first. If you see a gyro you're interested in ask some experienced gyro pilots for advice. Some of the older gyros sometimes need a few modifications. Since these are experimental aircraft some builders don't follow the plans and make changes. Sometimes those changes are good, sometimes not so good. Try to have someone with experience look over a gyro before you purchase it. A gyro that looks like a great deal won't be if you find out you have to do a lot of work to it.

Thanks Tim, That is good advise and the exact case with the gyro I was looking at. Just by talking to Jim on the phone he was able to let me in on some info that probably saved me a bunch of money and a big head ache. Unfortunately I don't know any gyro pilots near by to ask to take a look at a machine when if I find one but maybe that will change soon.