Miranda's Little Black Gun

Miranda said:
The stock buffer tube extends several inches rearward from the receiver. It allows for a collapsible stock, but not a folding one. Same as the AR-15.

I was thinking everything was contained in the upper receiver. My bad.

I have a keltec SU16C and like it better then the M4. it is lighter and after firing 100 rounds you can't tell buy looking at the bolt it is that clean. This gut is great to have long and short guns fire the small ammo.

clean bolt in this case is no gas getting on it. the SU is like the Ak 47 and the new SCAR 16. and I have fire alot of rounds.

One thing about blow-back operated guns is that they are typically dirtier than gas operated ones because the blow-back operation permits the bolt to begin traveling rearward much sooner. As a result more of the combustion gases - and unburned propellant - enter the action, causing it to foul sooner than a comparable gas-operated gun. It is the nature of the beast, and the price one pays to eliminate the complexity of gas operation.

We have been recommending shooters use spray-on dry gun lubricants instead of oil to reduce deposits and fouling. However, we recently discovered a product that works even better, and we have modified our owners manual to highly recommend it use. (And, no, we do not sell the product ourselves. We are strictly users of it.)

The product is called Slip2000 EWL (Extreme Weapons Lubricant). It works like nothing else we have seen. When we were using dry spray-on lube we still had to clean fouling deposits with Hoppes cleaner and a brush. Hoppes is good stuff, but it would still take some scrubbing to get all of the deposits off the bolt and out of the ejection port area. Slip2000 is both a lubricant and a cleaner, however. It SIGNIFICANTLY reduces deposit buildup, and now the only thing I use to clean fouling deposits from the gun are Slip2000 and a Q-tip. No Kidding!

I am not one to easily gush over a new product as being superior to others. In fact, I typically question any manufacturer's claims of product superiority. I will say, though, that I have never seen anything like Slip2000. We buy it from our present distributor, but there may be others. You can find contact info for them at www.slip2000.com. (And you want the Extreme Weapons Lubricant, not the EWG - Extreme Weapons GREASE)

Sorry for sounding like a commercial, but this stuff will make operating and cleaning any gun so much easier - as anyone who tries it will see. I just had to share.

Miranda, what barrel lengths are available on you carbine?
Tim,

The barrels on our U.S. version are the minimum legal length plus 1/4 inch just to make sure - or 16-1/4 inches. Canada requires a barrel of 18-1/2 inches minimum, so ours are 19 inches. Our carbine was just approved for unrestricted sale in Canada, and our first orders were imported through Ellwood Epps Sporting Goods there. I understand another shipment to Canada is in the works.

Thanks,

Miranda

Are you doing any shorter barrels for people who want SBR's with a tax stamp?
Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been putting in a lot of hours at work and am often unable to get online for days at a time.

We haven't gotten into any class-3 production, but I anticipate beginning work on an internally suppressed version by the end of the year. At that point we might also begin producing a SRB version as well. Both models would be aimed at the law enforcement market, of course, but would be available to anyone eligible for class-3 weapons.

Last edited:
Miranda...

Miranda...

I have a suggestion for you if you are considering an internally suppressed rifle. Don't port it, instead shorten the barrel and put on a threaded can then extend the hand guard over the can to look like an integral weapon. I have been doing this for years and it's the only way to go. Benefits: you can remove the can for cleaning,it doesn't reduce your ammo velocity at all so you can shoot sub sonic AND supersonic, you can make a short barrel extension if you don't want to shoot suppressed and lastly you can upgrade to a different can for different calibers, which in the case of your gun would be imperative.
Drawbacks? it becomes a two stamp gun, other than that not much!
I used the MP5SD operationally in the field and it is a glorified 380 asp that weighs 6 pounds. You can PM me if you have any questions. I know you are making headway in the business, but I do a lot of class 3 stuff and don't mind helping if you want it.
Ben S