Turbine Gyro

Loof Lirpa just demoed his new machine from Kazakhstan…what an accomplishment.

Cool .... I personally know Loof .... he shows up around here about the same time every spring.

This is my first time hearing about his gyro .... he never even mentioned working on one.

And knowing him he would use a turbine .... he likes things with a lot of spin

Last time I talked to Loof Lirpa I asked him where he got his weird name

He said it is Norwegian , and he also points to his red hair and claims he can trace his ancestry back to famous Viking explorer "Eric The Red"

Anyway .... he has made a million $ with his latest product and I always figured he would get a helicopter instead of a gyro.

His red haired daughter does most of his advertising videos.

Girls Don't Poop - PooPourri.com - YouTube

I did some digging around to find out why Loof Lipra decided to switch to gyros and I think Gabor Kovaks is involved.

Evidence is pretty skimpy but here is how I piece it together

1. Loof and his daughter both have red hair
2. Gabor painted his Behemoth Red
3. They both have videos on Youtube
4. They both like to be videoed in a sitting position
5. Miss Lipra mentions "Creamy Behemoth" at 0:900 in her video
6. Gabor also sits over a Behemoth

Wauchula March 2, 2014 - YouTube

I don't think you can carry enough gas to make the turbine really feasible.

He has developed a recombinant turbine. It is nearly as efficient as a recip. Kazakstan will soon be on the forefront of engine technology.

My friend at work refuses any assignment in a country that ends with "stan". "I refuse to go to any of the Stans".

Bob Failey had a JFS 100 jet engine in a gyro ,:rant:before he had a chance to run it it fell off his trailer in Banning doin 60 in the fast lane.:eek:

My friend at work refuses any assignment in a country that ends with "stan". "I refuse to go to any of the Stans".

If Stan gets dragged into this thread we must remember:

1. He is not easily fooled
2. He can smell Kerosene from a mile away
3. He loves the smell of Kerosene
4. Turbine gyros burn Kerosene
5. He knows it is April the Tooth
6. And almost April the Turd
7. Which is far beyond April the Foist.

I saw a turbine powered gyro, lit off and run at Mentone in its' early years.
I was told, from a reliable source, that the <very experienced> pilot that was going to try to fly it. Had the crap spooked out of him. The constant speed prop was the problem; any pitch adjustment was too course.