How many here also on Facebook?

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Just wondering.... I use facebook more and more for keeping tab on who is up to what. Im on there... hit me up with a friend request if your also on there and not already my friend!

<--is on Facebook, but rarely post.

This is due, in part, to the simple fact that nothing ever happens to me and I don't do anything. I have no opinions, ideas, desires or ambitions. Facebook is like having a blank sheet of paper in front of me and no finger-paint.

You wouldn't understand, couldn't understand, SHOULDN'T understand, what goes on on my facebook

You know I am. All the others are probably only too busy to answer because they are checking their status's.

Kai.

Both Farmer Jim & I have our own FB pages - mostly to put up photos of interest to close friends & family! Lately been some crossover with RWF posts on our gyro experiences!!

No sorry not into the social networking..Just have a facebook account to check on the
Kids (age 24 and 26) and see what they are doing.
Maybe it is my age, but I just don't get it, I like my privacy, I don't have to give a play by play of my daily activities, too busy. Plus most of those people from back in high school, That want to be friends, I didn't want to be their friend back then...still don't.

I don't like TV either...or smart phones.....I like stuff with gears in it, all this new technology, great when it works, then the smoke leaks out and its shot...... :)

I opened a Facebook account once.
All of a sudden ..... nothing happened.....
So I closed it.

Even I dont think the world wants to know my every thought.

Same with Twitter. People who can express their deeply felt opinions
in 140 characters or less are the kind of people I try to avoid.

I have just started to change my view on this Facebook. Just means very recently! The last 2 weeks I have posted a little in there.
Have had an account for years, but never used it.

You can find out a little about what your 'friends' are doing and what they like to put your attention on.
When you meet people, I think you always like to get information on people you know. On the phone, I am sure you often talk about other people - right?
Facebook is one more way to get information, to communicate and more - I am just started to be a little interested, but I think one can have fun and benefit from it.

And it is not only what you can get, it also provides you with an opportunity to influence other people - a little.
But of course - everything can be overdone to a point where it becomes crazy.

Last time I checked, the Maher Jahjah Facebook page belong to another guy with the same name!!! The guy is an egyptian singer and won an Arabic contest like «America got talent». If you type «MAHER JAHJAH» in Youtube, you'll find him.

Another Maher create a Facebook account and misspelled his email address and put mine instead. So I get lot of people who I never heard of before asking to be my friends even if I didn't have a Facebook account! Weird... I found out what happen by hacking his Facebook page (logging with my email and changing the password) since I wasn't really sure it wasn't an old account I forgot long ago...

Since I'm a die hard Mac fan, I get the first email at Apple with just my first name before the @mac.com. Lots of Maher who registered after that simply added the first letter of their last name before the @mac.com. Each time someone forget to add that supplemental letter to the email address, bingo! it landed in my mailbox for sure : Oh boy! I didn't knew that so many Maher existed in the world... (Maher is a common Arabic first name and a common Irish last name). Sometimes, I get very sensitive materials (a top secret script for an Hollywood movie among other).

So no more social networking for me! I get plenty of that without even subscribing to it ;-)

Maher

I'm on FB because it's the only way I can stay in touch with my kids. I tend to be a little ADD as it is, and don't build a big friends list for the same reason I don't do instant messaging.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just spotted a shiny object...

GyroRon said:
what a depressing bunch

Depressing? Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I prefer to see it as a Zen thing.

Ah, well...off to sort resistors....

Not me....what Scott E. said !

I don't care for all the security holes in Facebook. Till I hear they patched them up I'm staying away.