New Gyro Training Facility

I believe these are the ones that have been sent over for the Police Departments. There is one on the east coast which is probably the one talked about in the threads you listed, one in Tomball Texas and one in Austin Texas. Don't know how many have been delivered yet but they are on thier way. It will be a great promotion for our sport to see these Police Departments using them.

Mike , where did you find out all of that ?

Irishpilot says in the one post that they have CFIs & he got an endorsement from them !

The CFI training here in Tomball had just got his CFI sign-off from Ron Menzie just before I visited Ron for training and he told me about it. We just had one of the members from the Tomball Police department that is part of this group join our chapter and we are also trying to get the CFI involved to help us provide training within our club.

Check with Desmon Butts. He is a light sport CFI, both fixed-wing and gyro. I believe he trains in an MTOSport. (907) 841-2409.

I only need flight reviews every 2 years in a gyro.

Desmon Butts.........now that name I have never heard before. How long has he been doing this ?

I hope to do it with Chris Burgess in Frederick, Maryland . Are you aware of him ?

Desmond is the one that is training for the Tomball Police department.

Mike is he training the police or is he getting training ?

He will be training the Police Department when they get ther machine.

Hey Mike,

Are you saying it is possible we may be gaining a local CFI???? If so, any timeframe?? Am I asking all this prematurely??...hehehe.

We're working on it. Right now we have three possibilities but none have there own machine so it is still a while out but looking more and more like a reality every day.

I met them in Sebring. They had the Calidus and the Mto flying at the show. They are training in Fixed Wing, Gyro, Trike and Powered Parachute. They actually flew one fixed wing and two gyros down for the show. But thats about all i know about them.

Joe , are you sure they flew them gyros from Maryland ?

I will weight in for a brief moment. Yes they flew them from MD. My wife Laurie and I went to Sebring and flew in both the MTO Sport and Calidus. Very high quality workmanship.

I have posted pictures on other links but dont have time this morning to attach them.

More later, gotta run to work.

Stay safe.