Lookin for gyro guy's around Mentone.

JRB549

J.R. Brown
Aircraft
Working on a Two seater
Total Flight Time
Been hanging out with EAA guys on Saturdays but all they know are nasty words that start with FW and I dont know any gyro guys around. I got too use to Wauchula I guess or maybe fella's here arent into them that much. So if there is a hiding spot where I could find 'em please let me know. I need a fix man, bad.lol :help::D

Bump, Bump, I drove 80+ miles one way to get to Wauchula for just about 7 years alsmost every weekend, Mentone is 40 miles and no one has chimed in. Are there no gatherings in a 80 mile circle of Mentone of Gyro guys on a weekend basis?

There are a couple of us in the Kendallville/Angola area. We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month at the Coldwater, MI airport at 1pm.

Fly or Drive, You're more than welcome to stop in to say hey...

Proper airport name.

Branch County Memorial Airport (OEB)
CTAF/UNICOM 122.7

Last edited:
There is also an active bunch in Lansing IL. The chapter 18 fellas.

There's also some down around Indianapolis. Go to the PRA website, www.pra.org, and look up the chapters and you can get contact information.

Chapter 18 in Lansing IL has a build night every Thursday evening. The next meeting is Saturday morning March 31st.

Todd, Mike and Chuck Thanks, see about droppin in on ya Todd.

Are there many rotorhead here in Indiana? It seems like we are few but enjoy the sport. I just getting into this and have been looking for some help on kits.

Roadrunner, there has to be a few rotorheads around you. Chapter 34 is in the Indy area. You're in luck too cuz Gary Goldsberry is an instructor.

#34 Indiana Rotorcraft Association
Sue Goldsberry
(317) 996-2487
Email: [email protected]
www.prachapter34.com

Got his information from the PRA website.

Chapter 18 in Lansing IL has a build night every Thursday evening. The next meeting is Saturday morning March 31st.

JRB, I highly recomment making the trip to Lansing, it's just over the Illinois border. I've been to one of their meetings and can say from experience, you'll be glad you made the trip.

Last year I bought some blades from Tom Milton and picked them up during one of their meetings. You can look forward to seeing several gyros and their rotorheads. And to top it all off, they fire up the grill after takin care of business. :)

Our next meeting is April 15th.