New from Georgia

RyanB

Hello,

Long time lurker but newly registered here. Based in Marietta/kennesaw Ga.

I want to get licensed and fly a two seater gyroplane within the next 5 years is the goal.

I currently have no real world aviation experience.

Just a few hours here and there in commercial jet sims and lots of time with home computer flight sim.

Ultimate goal is weekend jumps to visit family such as:
KRYY to KCCO (avoiding Atlanta traffic)

And maybe a few times a year heading north to blue ridge mountains or south to the beach.

Peach State Rotorcraft Club

Peach State Rotorcraft Club

Ryan,

You need to come visit us at Cedartown, GA (4A4) some time. We have a strong gyroplane club with a wealth of information among our membership.

http://www.peachstaterotorcraft.org

Your plans may work in a 5 year time-frame. There are a number of gotchas in your overall plans that I would be pleased to go over with you. I sent you my contact information in a PM.

The two largest obstacles to your plan are the licensing and equipment requirements for flying in the high traffic environment you are proposing as your primary goal. You will need a transponder and may not fly an Experimental aircraft over areas of dense population. It is possible to accomplish what you propose, but it will require more training and flight time than to just fly around rural Georgia.

Ryan,

Bensen Days is held is Wachula, FL. the latter part of this week. That is in your part of the country and would be a very good investment in learning what our sport has to offer and what options are available to you. I would highly recommend you find a way to get over there, (at least for the weekend) and check it out.

I agree. Bensen Days is about a 9 hour drive from Marietta, but worth it. A great many of our members from the local club are headed down there already. It is a shortcut to a great deal of gyroplane education in a weekend. Bensen Days only occurs once per year.

Take a crash course at Bensen Days!

Take a crash course at Bensen Days!

Ryan,

I just PMd you with my phone number. We have about 12 folks going down to Bensen Days from Georgia... tomorrow actually!

We'd love for you to tag along, or to see you there. If you can find the time to go, you would bump our number up to 13 folks attending! We'd give you an honorary, field membership. LOL! :)

If there is any way you can swing the trip, you will discover that it is truly gyro heaven down there!

Mark