Brigham City, Utah

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
I took a short flight this morning over Brigham City and Perry, Utah. I took a tip from Tim Chick and set my GoPro to snap photos. I never do this. I always take video. Not anymore. I like this. The pics show me approaching the city with the mountains behind, then the city and Sardine Canyon behind, the gravel pit at the mouth of the canyon, the golf course and then on to Perry. I turned around over Perry, as I was freezing up there, and headed back over Brigham City. As I approached the airport, you could see the remnant of the East/West runway that used to exist there. Then the airport as I turned final. The pictures don't really do it justice (they never do). It's really beautiful everywhere up there.

Attachments

• GOPR3129.jpg
    GOPR3129.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3158.jpg
    GOPR3158.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3173.jpg
    GOPR3173.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3112.jpg
    GOPR3112.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3201.jpg
    GOPR3201.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3208.jpg
    GOPR3208.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3263.jpg
    GOPR3263.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3355.jpg
    GOPR3355.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 0
Those are some fantastic shots, sure is nice and flat :)

Excellent photos. Tip #2 - Use 2 cameras. Shoot video with one and photos with the other. I put the one shooting photos on my helmet so it'll shoot photos of what I'm looking at.

Excellent photos. Tip #2 - Use 2 cameras. Shoot video with one and photos with the other. I put the one shooting photos on my helmet so it'll shoot photos of what I'm looking at.
Hi Glenn and Tim

I like the two camera idea, then you could make video's like Glenn made of his daughter! I like that format!

Great pictures Glen. ROTR is too earlier in the year for me, if it was later like Mentone I might could get there. I would love to get over there.

Great Shots Glen. Thanks for sharing. I have seen the youtube videos you shoot in that area and they keep me connected to that area. I grew up in Tremonton, just 20 miles north of Brigham. Do you hangar or trailer to Brigham?

Thanks everybody!
I just recently got a hangar there. Happily, my presence there has excited another local gyro jockey to start flying his machine again. We're having some fun flying together.

Thanks everybody!
I just recently got a hangar there. Happily, my presence there has excited another local gyro jockey to start flying his machine again. We're having some fun flying together.
That good to here as you always share Pictures and you might be flying even more with a friend and it sure cannot help promotion folks watching 2 gyro's flying from the freeway!

Thanks for taking the time to share the adventure!

So I went back out there this morning with a mission in mind. Curt and I are both dealing with demons regarding wind and flying away from the airport environment. So we decided to do a short little cross country flight together so we could talk it out as we flew. It was very helpful as we were both able to get past our issues a bit and had a fun flight. So the pictures go like this...
Start your engines! Lined up for a beautiful morning flight. Heading west over the town of Corrine. That's Curt in the RAF. Ahead is Little Mountain. You can see where ancient water from Lake Bonneville worked on the hill. We turned around and headed back. You can clearly see many ancient shorelines evident on the mountain, with the top being an island on the lake at some far past time.

Attachments

• GOPR3464.jpg
    GOPR3464.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3645.jpg
    GOPR3645.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3426.jpg
    GOPR3426.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3417.jpg
    GOPR3417.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3676.jpg
    GOPR3676.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3715.jpg
    GOPR3715.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3755.jpg
    GOPR3755.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3781.jpg
    GOPR3781.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
So clear I think I saw the back of my own head. That little island and bend in the river is a spot you saw in my video from last year's ROTR while flying around with Kevin R. Then back to the airport.

Attachments

• GOPR3801.jpg
    GOPR3801.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3881.jpg
    GOPR3881.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR3908.jpg
    GOPR3908.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi Glenn
Most excellent description of the view and bonus with the ancient lake evidence.

I cannot wait to fly in the mountains and through the arches (if legal), like to do a road trip with all of you with ground support and the party following us?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate Glen and his enthusiasm. I love that we are kindred souls, with the same level of freaked...out! Maybe it comes from forced landings or maybe we are just a little conservative. Either way, it's great to enjoy our flights together. I love his skill with photo's and computers. Thanks for sharing Glen.

This just goes to show how much better everything works when you have someone else to fly with. Trying to do it all by yourself is just a whole lot harder. Curt, I am glad Glenn is now flying out of there so you have someone to go up in the air with. It will be good for both of you. :)

Excellent photos. That valley looks like a great place to fly. It looks like the whole valley is an emergency landing spot. I thought I was being too cautious and anxious to fly away from my airport area. This is what I fly around when I leave the airport.

Attachments

• Hwy231s.jpg
    Hwy231s.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0