heli or gyro

monks102

Hi, new to grouop. Looking at Mosquito XEL or LSA compliant gyro, any opinions? Safety,maintenence,fun factor. Thanks

Are there pilots logging as much time on their mosquitos as others do on their Helicycles?

Are they as reliable ? Cross country ?

Can you fly either ?

this is one complicated question here but i dont believe there are that many going xc much. most of these machines are being use for that go out and blast around a bit. kinda like a dual sport dirt bike. range is an issue on some also. doesnt mean it cant be done though. let us know what you are planning. :hippie:

Helicycle looks great but I want to stay 103 or light sport legal. Dont do any long trips, only fly about 40 mins at a time. thanks

A little information please

A little information please

Hi, new to grouop. Looking at Mosquito XEL or LSA compliant gyro, any opinions? Safety,maintenence,fun factor. Thanks

Hello Steve,

Some answers would be helpful in order to better answer your questions.

What is your aviation experience?

What is you fabrication experience.

How old are you?

How much do you weigh?

Why do you want to be ultralight or light sport compliant?

What would your typical mission profile look like?

What do you like about gyroplanes?

What do you like about helicopters?

How much are you willing to spend including training?

There is a place to put most of this in your profile so we can better answer your next question.

I feel this information would help us to share what we have discovered on our rotorcraft adventure and help you to address the answers.

Thank you, Vance

vance

vance

lotta questions, I filled out a brief profile. Dont want to build. just want to fly. mosquito looking better and better but still open. thanks, steve

I'm saving up to buy a Mosquito XEL. Been to the factory in Trenton FL. Wow! spent hours there looking and asking questions. If you look carefully, these look over-built. I wouldn't worry about a major problem. They said they haven't had any. I guess that just by looking at these helicopters sold me. Can get them any color or colors and even the paint jobs are porsche perfect. You have a choice there, build it or have them build it.

Choice

Choice

Stan, was your choice of the Helicycle over the Mosquito as simple as the kero burner versus the gas burner or is there more to it?
It is nice to see someone not bag the opposition.

Graeme.