Kinney HRH

4trade

Hello everybody! New on forum!

Does anybody know anything about that Kinney HRH? I find out that there is almost no info at all in internet. How good is that copter? In a paper that looks very good, but seems nobody else but Kinney build and fly that one!?

I was going to build one and even made almost all of the machined parts including the rotor system. There are a lot of pictures of the kinney hrh on vortechonline.com. I would recommend buying the plans from Bob Kinney off his website xzilarator.com. The plans that I got from vortech were incomplete. I think the HRH would be a great single seat machine if built and maintained correctly. I bought a scorpion 2 seat instead and converted it to subaru power.

good luck

I see your copter on a photos here. Nice work, very nice! I was actually thinking same thing what you do. HRH and Scorpion got approx same takeoff weight. HRH got better rotorhead and shaft driven tailrotor.

Looks like you use those HRH parts on your project. How much those add empty weight?

Is that Scorpion still 2 seat or does that conversion add too much weight to be two seater?

Thank you for quick reply!

Yes the helo is still a 2 seater. There seems to be plenty of power while hovering. With me in the pilot seat at 190 pounds, 120 pounds in the passenger seat and 30 pounds of ballast in the right skid the engine is only pulling around 15 inches of vacuum while hovering.

The only parts that I made from the HRH plans are the engine pulley, flywheel and a variation of the motor mounts. Everything else I had to come up with on my own. The rotor system is similar to the rotorway elastomeric system.