Another Kb2 closer to flying

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
At the PRA 31 - San Diego Rotorcraft Club meeting we wired up and helped "Goody's" start it's 582 grey head tonight and we saw the space shuttle fly across the night sky.

Here are a few pictures..

Attachments

• 2016-05-26 20.26.42.jpg
    2016-05-26 20.26.42.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2016-05-26 20.27.01.jpg
    2016-05-26 20.27.01.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2016-05-26 20.28.26.jpg
    2016-05-26 20.28.26.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2016-05-26 20.28.37.jpg
    2016-05-26 20.28.37.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 3
It is a KB3

How?

How?

How does one differentiate between the two models that Ken Brock manufactured?

Was it just using a 582 and a taller mast?

KB-2 only have MACs w/ shorter masts?

Last edited:
Thank you for correcting the model to actual.

I had to call Dave and told him I posted the pictures and asked as I cannot tell the difference from a Bensen to a KB2 or a KB3! They all look about the same to me.

I know the difference in most of the modern gyroplanes but not the older ones.

How does one differentiate between the two models that Ken Brock manufactured?

Was it just using a 582 and a taller mast?

KB-2 only have MACs w/ shorter masts?

The big clue is the square bowed axle. Like you've said, a taller mast and the 582 as the standard engine. There are noticeable differences between it and a Bensen too.

John, they're not that old. The KB3 was manufactured until 2005

Last edited:
The big clue is the bowed axle. Like you've said, a taller mast and the 582 as the standard engine. There are noticeable differences between it and a Bensen too.

John, they're not that old. The KB3 was manufactured until 2005
Well I did not show up until 2010 so it's old to me.

John, are you guys going to add an HS to this machine? I ask because I'd like to add one to mine. I'm just not sure what I can easily put on it and still keep it UL, any ideas? I was thinking of a flat aluminum panel 2/3rds up the vertical but not sure I wouldn't create a flutter issue to an all flying rudder?

Last edited:
John, are you guys going to add an HS to this machine? I ask because I'd like to add one to mine. I'm just not sure what I can easily put on it and still keep it UL, any ideas? I was thinking of a flat aluminum panel 2/3rds up the vertical but not sure I wouldn't create a flutter issue to an all flying rudder?
Good question. The Answer is yes. In fact Goody bought a tall tail with the parts but it is for a drop keel and his is not a drop keel.
However the club owns a co-owned KB3 that is a drop keel.
We are hoping to find plans to build a tall tail for his and then pay and build it for Goody and trade it for the tail the club needs to help finish both rides.

Good question. The Answer is yes. In fact Goody bought a tall tail with the parts but it is for a drop keel and his is not a drop keel.
However the club owns a co-owned KB3 that is a drop keel.
We are hoping to find plans to build a tall tail for his and then pay and build it for Goody and trade it for the tail the club needs to help finish both rides.

I'd like to keep this UL. I can't add an elaborate tall tail or drop keel. The most I can do is a Bensen stile HS as far back on the keel as I can get. I would really like to add one like Boo has built for his Suzuki powered single which was mounted on the sides of the vertical. I just don't know if the stock KB3 all flying rudder will support it? I should open a new thread to get input.

Last edited:
With my threads you can bring up anything you wish. I'd like to know the anwser to your question too.

At the PRA 31 - San Diego Rotorcraft Club meeting we wired up and helped "Goody's" start it's 582 grey head tonight and we saw the space shuttle fly across the night sky.

That's some trick, since all of the Shuttles have been grounded for nearly 5 years! ;)

That's some trick, since all of the Shuttles have been grounded for nearly 5 years! ;)
Oops I miss spoke... Thank you I meant of course the space station!