Get Together in Macon

Steve McGowan

Gold Member
I spoke to the airport authority

The Get Together is "CANCELLED" due to "SECURITY ISSUES"

This will be happenning more and more with gyro's.

Liability is being questioned for any event, and anyone coming in except for training needs to be aware of the requirements.

Sorry for those that was considering coming in,, If you have a good relationship with your particular area..

You'd better keep it that way..

Steve

Last edited:
And Mr Charles on the back ground . . .Georgia . . .Oh Georgia . . .
Heron
Miss you Man!

well...what about continuing with a "casual" fly-in? Who can stop you from inviting your friends to fly in or trailor in and hang out ??

Hm...our EAA club president is also the volunteer FBO now at CTJ, we do a Wings n Wheels deal in September, and it is up to me to bring the gyros in for this event. Last year one even showed up! This is a really fine little airport, with charter jet service etc. and a helo or two. hm...maybe I can get it together and actually get something planned better for more gyros to come?

Last edited:
Steve McGowan said:

I'm sorry to hear that Steve. Perhaps another time.

NoWingsAttached said:
Last year one even showed up!

And I'll show up again if you want me to, Greg. Conditions permitting.

*JC*

Hey Steve!
Explain security issues for us simple southern folk.
I haven't been carrying much anthrax onboard lately..!
My 12 gallons of fuel won't melt many sky scrapers in Macon.
You guys just don't like us or what? :)

Steve,
Not sure but can they legally do that since this is a federally funded airport? i do know every N numbered aircraft has the right to fly at a federal funded field.

Security? Humm If you have the gathering at your home I don’t see them telling you what to do in that case. Park the gyro trailers by your house.

That seems like the word to use in aviation these days to ruin the fun. Wow Gyros are such a big security risk! I think its not just gyro specific its all LSA and ultralights. If it isn’t a spam can it isn’t welcome.

Last edited:
no Long winded Explanations necessary,, But look at it this way.

If Jim Hay and the Chief of police didn't want gyro's at Wauchulla !

Would Ya be there ?

I did ask after the fact of saying something here and that was wrong on my part.

It's onea those things when your ask Not to do something in a nice way.

Ya don't go and do it anyway......Kinda Like PIO/PPO

Ya Just don't do it to test the results..

I spoke to the airport authority

This will be happenning more and more with gyro's.

Liability is being questioned for any event, and anyone coming in except for training needs to be aware of the requirements.

Sorry for those that was considering coming in,, If you have a good relationship with your particular area..

You'd better keep it that way..

Steve

Steve, you might ought to consider joining Chapter 13 and maybe get a few others to join, then next time we could consider it a club meeting and then the get together is insured.

Steve, you might ought to consider joining Chapter 13 and maybe get a few others to join, then next time we could consider it a club meeting and then the get together is insured.

Yes United we stand divided we fall I heard this once or twice before good Idea Ronnie

Yall fellows haven't been around long enough to understand that Experimental has NO Rights if the airport authority requires insurance. Or for whatever reason they say.
Fly in and Out is all they'll allow,, NOT camping,or trailering in aircraft.

Club.. United or Not can go onto airport property without the airport allows it.

If you believe that,,, then go back to Aiken for ROC..

I'm not arguing the point,, I have been around here since 1982 and Yes it helps to know people for that amount of time. It has taken that long to be accepted, But it will only take ONE Incident to have gyro's banned from any airport due to the liability.

All thats needs to be said is SECURITY.

The Authority said No on that short of notice. Maybe in the future it can happen, BUT Not yet.

Thats the reason Mentone was purchased in the first place.

Well, that's the good news, right? We can plan ahead better and do it next year?

Hi Steve

Thanks for mentioning the main reason for the purchase of the Mentone Airport, this may help some of the newer members to appreciate the foresight the Board and long time members had when this was done. This will only get more and more valuable as time goes on.

Tony