Public road gyrogliding

That is perhaps the worst idea ever.

That is great!!!! hillbilly's in Russia!!! looks like something me and minigun man would have done!! althought they are speaking russian , i'm sure i heard one of them say , "hey watch this".......... the most dangerous thing is the van backing up into the highway? wow!

the "Spirit of Flight" is strong within........kudos to them...the passion they must have to risk everything...just to get 15' in the air!!!! Jr. Birdsman for sure!

Well, Georgia is in Eastern Europe, I dunno why they can't have a few hillbillies too!!! Gee we Americans can't have ALL the fun!
In all seriousness though, the spirit demonstrated in that vid. Should be held as almost sacred. Possibly not too safe in the total scheme of things, but I could see myself doing the same if that were my only option. Shucks, how many of us remember the "good ole days" flying hang gliders? Or the many crazy stunts we pulled in our own youthful exuberance?
I've landed on roads too but that is another story! Does anyone care to have an entire six pack of soda while flying?

Gotta love their passion for gyros.

I wonder how many SECONDS it would take for one of them "treehuggers/nanny's" overhere to pick up the cell phone and call the cops if something like this was tried here !!!!!

Well done guys !!!

The "safest" place is Mommy's lap,all the rest is called living !!!!!

This is wrong on so many levels that I have to love it.
Anyone have a tow gyro?
I think we could do this on the road between Wauchula and KCHN.
Think about what an attraction THAT would be for Bensen Days!

If I may be so bold, I would dub this clip as "Cheated Death One More Time!" I've been gliding enough to know that rotor clearances, relative to the gaurdrail and @ least one vehilcle, would be measured in inches rather than feet. This could very well be the last footage we will see from these guys...and I thought we were a little aggresive with our glider adventures out here in Utah. Watch for upcoming video post.

It made me think of you Steve. Bravely pushing the envelope, desperate to break free from the ground. I hope they live long enough to become powered gyro pilots.

Way to get her done!
Thanks for sharing!

Got er figured out, Doug. If we can recruit your services, to act as a running road block, we can take a tow down to Vegas via I 15.

This is wrong on so many levels that I have to love it.
Anyone have a tow gyro?
I think we could do this on the road between Wauchula and KCHN.
Think about what an attraction THAT would be for Bensen Days!

Never did the tow but have landed and took off a few times from there!Would'nt try it now.

This vid is ca. 6 years old. I know the guy - he's trike pilot living 1000 miles from me but he visited me some times to know more about gyros. After he released this video (glider was completely built by himself including wooden rotor) most of local guys didn't apploud him but explained that he was too close to kill somebody in oncoming traffic.
He is not a redneck at all, he accepted our critics and explained that he just was too itch for testing his device. He made this only twice. I have second attempt video, it's shorter and ends with quick&complete disassembly of the glider. Nobody was hurt fortunately.
Last summer when I made long cross-country over Urals hills in MTOsport I landed near his town for refuel so we met again - there are no suitable airfields there so he kindly brought fuel to a rural road we found on sat photos. It was so nice to see him again. This was first time he could show his son (see photo) one real gyro. Boy was too young when Slava trashed his glider.
Our take-off from his place can be seen here:
Перелет автожира через Воробьиные горы - YouTube

Attachments

• SAM_0063mid.jpg
    SAM_0063mid.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0