RAF Kit for Sale

The kit price is too high I can buy an assembled RAF's for 3 to 5 thousand more than he is asking.

John,

Many gyros are worth more as unassembled kits. If you look at what things sell for, there have been lots of nice, finished machines which have sold used for less than the sellers paid for the kits, especially single-place machines.

This would be a great opportunity for someone who wanted to build an RAF with the drop keel mod. Nothing to un-do!

The kit price is too high I can buy an assembled RAF's for 3 to 5 thousand more than he is asking.

I bought mine fully assembled and basically brand new (40 hrs on the Hobbs) for $15,000 but it was completely stock. By the time I complete the mods I will be between $20,000 - $25,000 depending on how much I "personallize" it. For the price of this kit I would probably not save much but it would be built the way I want it and I wouldn't have to undo someone else's work. There are also a lot of gyro enthusists that prefer to build than to buy used.

RAF,kit for sale

RAF,kit for sale

I'd be wary of rust in the engine. The kit I bought 2 years ago had sat for 8 years and the inside around the water pump was nothing but rust.

The kit is in Los Vegas it is hot and dry (humidity averages about 10%) you don’t need to worry about rust. Any rubber it going to need a good going over.

Normally engines from the factory have a light preservative coating on the to prevent rusting. As long as it is stored in a dry place it takes a long time before rusting occurs, the crate doesn't look like it's ever been wet.

Mike sat for nearly ten years unused, I had to replace just about every rubber component on it.

That price is fair. I got to many irons in the fire now, but were that not the case, I would consider buying. I agree on the kit being the best way to go. Only mistakes forward are yours.