Another MH1 is Born

Maybe it's just me? Or the way I was taught? But most of the "confined areas" I see on this forum are not very "confined".

Is there a definition to confined?

Maybe it's just me? Or the way I was taught? But most of the "confined areas" I see on this forum are not very "confined".

Is there a definition to confined?

Tom
That’s about as confined as I want to get into in town. Power lines on all four sides. That’s not a very big parking lot I landed in, the Gopro camera makes it look bigger than it actually is. There’s a subdivision strait in front of my approach and businesses on the other three sides. Not to mention the big Veterinarian clinic behind the Conoco and Rosebud High School across the way. Confined area definition??? A pain in the asterisk, this one was fun!!

Here's a few pic's of the confined area I fly from every time I lift off at my CFI's place. Its usually not so packed in, he had his burn ship on a trailer with truck attached parked in the way to rear, vehicles to the right, fuel tanks to the left, hanger to the front! All this made it even more interesting! Just love it!!

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
Ed,

You have fun. And yes, those are confined areas.

First Runup!

First Runup!

Had a good Xmas!! The weather was great today and was able to pull my ship out and run her up finally. What a difference compared to the Rotax 582!! Power is there now and what a touchy throttle. I have a bit of tweaking to do, wire in my radio and start some hover testing (re-track & balance)...can't wait!! Here's a short video, sorry for the poor res, I'll have a better cam next time...GoPro time!

https://vimeo.com/82693097

Rick...would like to see some closer pics of your tail-boom strut attachment. How about carbon-fiber tubes for the struts?

smiles,
Charles

Special Airworthiness Cert's

Special Airworthiness Cert's

The long awaited day!!! I now have AC's on both Charles and my ship!! We now also have the helicopters as 51% kits per the FAA. No more Revolution Mini 500!!! Will from here on out be called the Millennium MH1.

Cheers,
Rick

Attachments

• 20140711_170954.jpg
    20140711_170954.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140711_170904.jpg
    20140711_170904.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1