In case you been wundern...

I noticed you were missing in action. Figured you were really busy herding cattle.

Never gave a thought about you having to herd fires, though. That's some nasty country you're trying to tame. My hat's off to you.

geez Birdy .... When you do get bit of grass out there , the place just becomes inflammable!

I think nature is trying to tell you it's s'posed to be a desert.

Looked at your vids, sure is spectacular.

Wow, indeed, spectacular is the right word. Hope it does not leave too much damage on you.

Kai.

Fire far as the eye can see….that would be some scary stuff. One would need to have experienced those fires before, to know how to battle them….and where to drive the cows so they'd be safe. Five weeks of fight'in….you must be bone tired. Thank you for the videos David….

Glad you managed to stay out of the way of that stuff getting your work done. Fire eats people and gyros if you let it.

Welcome back, sir!

Just back to get fuel n a feed, not alota time, the neibours all need an eye in the sky.

And mate, have i got sum sucsh1t vid footage now. This fire in the mountains looks like a huge volcano blown its head off.

Birdy, we lost 11,000 acres in 3 hours, all upland grass and sage brush. Two weeks later, we were back in the same area, this time it was only 3,500 acres of light timber and heavy brush, lost 31 homes and outbuildings. Both of these fires were in neighboring counties. We had two wildfires in the district this year, one started on my personal property by kids driving through on motorcycles with no spark arrestors on their exhaust.
Pretty embarrassing when the fire chiefs property catches fire. Fire was contained to 1.5 acres.

Birdy, we lost 11,000 acres in 3 hours,
I only lost 300 000 odd acres in a coupla days, but the desert, at last count by saterlite, lost bout 15,700,000 hectares last month. [ duno how many acres that is.]

Birdy..
Saw this on your channel a few days ago... You didn't link here?

Liz put that on youtube, i havent had time to scratch meself.

Fire far as the eye can see….that would be some scary stuff.
Further n that, i cant see 300km.

One would need to have experienced those fires before, to know how to battle them….and where to drive the cows so they'd be safe.
You cant beet nature wen its like this. All you can do is try to save sum country for the moos to live on while you wate for the burnt stuff to regenerate.
And iv never in 40 years seen a cow that got caught. They dont panic like most people think, but calmly stay out of its way till they see a point they can get through to the burned side. Only natural critters i saw fried was 2 lizards, only coz id just covered their hole over with the fire break n they had nowhere to go. And believe me, theres millions of um out ere now.

Been missing you Birdy. Hope things will cool off a bit.
Itll only cool off wen all the fuels burned, and theres a million squ miles to burn yet.
Its 40 years since iv seen fuel like this, hope im long dead next time it comes.

Glad to hear your safe Dave, pity about all that lovely vegetation after those great rains you had.

Was with my Uncle as a kid and we drove past the coffee plantation going to town about 50 miles away and it was all in flower. We were all very taken with the wonderful sight and he reckoned it would be the biggest crop he had ever had.

When we were driving back in the late afternoon there had been a massive hailstorm and stripped all the leaves and flowers off.

That's farming for you.

Bones, get your ass bac ere, your missn out on sum proper comical stuffups now. :)
Tim almost burned his D8 to the ground, Glen near burned his tojo while hungup ina creek, and Kelvin is getn marryed bout now.
Wot a f%$^&n circus, and iv been watchn it all from 100'. ;)

Dedicated to the Rt. Hon. Mr. Bones:

Ezekiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
"Oh, hear the word of the Lord."

The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the head bone,
Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
Oh, hear the word of the Lord.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the toe bone,

I don't get it :wacko: :eek::rip:

Dedicated to the Rt. Hon. Mr. Bones:

"Oh, hear the word of the Lord."

The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the head bone,

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'
Oh, hear the word of the Lord.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the toe bone,

thanks chuck, u da man! did u ever get ur internet speeded up? :)
I’m taking whatever internet signal that comes my way. The internet connection I’m using at the moment has good cable service but his router hangs up if loaded. No videos.

There’s another guy that doesn’t turn on his security who has a good router but his cable (Comcast) is down more than it’s up.

Eventually, I’ll get Verizon fios out this way.

I expect that if I put my dish on a 50’ tower, I could find someone within a 10 mile radius with fiber and no security.