Aircraft parts from China

Thats why the Z- line of helicopters are a FRENCH design. My wife tells me not to do any business in China -She knows too much on the truth behind "Chineese inovation" and the rule of power, Not laws, How ? Her father was the mayor of Xian and her best friend is the minstry of transportation.....Most of the aluminum is a scrap based type , good for some goods but not aviation grade, The government saves that for military use. So buyer beware.....

Chinese Z helicopters are of a joint venture with French and safe now, less aluminum scrap, more composites in the body. The minister for transport (railways) forcibly passed away; he was a tiny bit corrupted. There is law in China, albeit sometimes slow.Your information about Chinese aluminum is misplaced.

Thanks
Albert

Some people confuse patents, copyrights, and trademarks, although there may be some similarities among these kinds of intellectual property protection, they are different and serve different purposes.

Albert is totally correct here.

The Chinese mostly partake in counterfeiting, nothing to do with copyright.

Here is my interpretation. If they receive an original production drawing of a "thing", and it has a copyright mark on it, and copy the drawing, it's a copyright infringement. (If it does not indicate "copyright protected" somewhere on the drawing, case becomes gray) If they receive a copy of the drawing, it's not a copyright infringement, it's receiving an illegal copy of a copyrighted drawing. If they use details from the master or copy of the drawing, it is an intellectual property infringement. If they have a physical sample of the "thing", and use it to make an exact copy, it's counterfeiting.

My interpretation is, if they go to a public place, look at an unpatented "thing", steal an idea with their eyes and photo's, then go back and reverse engineer a similar functioning "thing", there is nothing you can do about it. The "thing" was out there in the public domain. Only if the "thing" was patented, can the intellectual property gained by simply looking and learning from it, be protected.

It seems to me that it's possible for the Chinese to legally make an equivalent "thing", that seems to be a form fit and replacement part of another "thing". The only big problem I see, it that this equivalent "thing" is commonly of a very inferior quality. There are products which are better, but we have grown accustomed to them being the minority. I see it slowly changing, like Daewoo and Kia cars. They used to be scrap, they are now not too shabby. I see many Great Wall 4x4's and SUV's driving around, with happy owners behind the wheel. So the onus is really on us to not blindly purchase the equivalent items in the first place. It's a "buyer beware" situation. Do your homework, check out the item. I researched and imported a very large Chinese CNC router. It's been in service for just over a year, and has to date, done 260 hrs of cutting aluminium sheetmetal, .020 to .250, without missing a beat. Exactly to size. It was 18K landed at Seabird Aviation Australia, vs 220K for a similar 1.4m x 3.6m locally supplied CNC machine. I'm happy as a pig in Palestine !!

It's like prostitution, it's not illegal for the prostitute to be standing on the street corner, if she's not breaking any prostitution laws. It's for you as a married man to steer away, and not be lured by the "thing"......

Now that makes the Chinese, and all of the industrialised nations, equally guilty.... The Chinese simply do it on a grander scale, for they have a gazillion percent larger manufacturing capability.

Last edited:
1946 you have no idea how Eurocopters are and were built. The French were pissed on the copying of the Dalphins TXSN and drive that were being copied and used on other Chinese mil helos,and the lack of royaltys paid out. When I buy raw stock I get the certs that trace the mining and melt batch can you do the same? The Nanchang CJ 6 is a nice plane but the lack of "standards" in process and heat treat has a lot to be desired,Been there done that....

I guess my history books are wrong . . .
The chinese invented lots of stuff we use today, I never heard any royalties went the Silk Route way . . .
Gun Powder, fireworks, silk, porcelain which the americans of the north call china, river transposition, dikes and reservoir, water and land mines, some forms of torture that are now in order, executive order . . .should I go on or you will stop this nonsense?
The entire saga of finding a way to China and India gave us our european ancestors and the New World.
Pasta is a known and favorite meal in many nations, noodles invented by chinese, tomato sauce (american fruit) created and perfected by italians (like you say Aitalians) globalisation at its best.
Wanna keep your empire? Go to work, it seems the Big Stick is no longer working for you!
I miss Made in USA in the goods I buy.
An american sneaker company was trying Brasil and China, when they got the best price there, they sabotaged the brasilian experiment and the investors here got taken for a ride . . .nice job!
Shut the hell up you long tail monkey! Go mind your own and leave others alone . . .
Heron

1946 you have no idea how Eurocopters are and were built. The French were pissed on the copying of the Dalphins TXSN and drive that were being copied and used on other Chinese mil helos,and the lack of royaltys paid out. When I buy raw stock I get the certs that trace the mining and melt batch can you do the same? The Nanchang CJ 6 is a nice plane but the lack of "standards" in process and heat treat has a lot to be desired,Been there done that....

For the general public consumption the French make many (si) statements, but what they don’t say is without Chinese investment Eurocopter wouldn’t have a joint venture to produce high-end helicopters for business use in the Chinese mainland , and what they don’t say either, the same ones made in China are used for the military.

We don’t buy the raw stock, this is not to say we don’t drill tiny amounts on the castings, send the samples to a TUV lab in town, after analysis, it is actually that what we ordered. The due diligence has to be done at any outsourced products made in China, if the heat treatment is not to specifications; due diligence has filled you. Some advice doing business in China, one has to wake up the brain dormant section and fused to Chinese thinking.

Thanks
Albert

Albert, this is your problem, but you cannot see it, despite much interesting discourse.
Some advice doing business in China, one has to wake up the brain dormant section and fused to Chinese thinking.

The translation of what you have said above is...Think like us, do like us, and it will all be OK.

Problem is we do not think like you because we believe in different standards of behavior, morality and quality.

There is another aspect of the story.
There are many innovative and interesting projects in US and Europe,
which will never reach the market due to our banker pulverizing
the assets, hence complete lack of real "venture capital".

The Chinese "float in cash", and buy for spot prices many development
projects to bring them to market. Some of them will fail, but most
will succeed, leaving the West far behind the technology race.

Good example:
http://www.ecomotors.com/zhongding-...ract-commercialize-revolutionary-opoc®-engine

US government, instead of financing the technology progress, which is
the best investment in the future, throws the money, many 100s billions
behind the corrupt and fraudulent banks.

Such policy will take a bitter revenge on the "western" society.

Last year the Chinese share of World production market was 19.8%,
while the US share was just 19.4%, giving China the #1 position...

Draw the conclusions yourself...

US government, instead of financing the technology progress, which is
the best investment in the future, throws the money, many 100s billions
behind the corrupt and fraudulent banks.

Lot of truth in that!

This from Friedman

China is doing moon shots..... big, multibillion-dollar, 25-year-horizon, game-changing investments. China has at least four going now: one is building a network of ultramodern airports; another is building a web of high-speed trains connecting major cities; a third is in bioscience, where the Beijing Genomics Institute this year ordered 128 DNA sequencers — from America — giving China the largest number in the world in one institute to launch its own stem cell/genetic engineering industry; and, finally, Beijing just announced that it was providing $15 billion in seed money for the country’s leading auto and battery companies to create an electric car industry, starting in 20 pilot cities. In essence, China Inc. just named its dream team of 16-state-owned enterprises to move China off oil and into the next industrial growth engine: electric cars.

Not to worry. America today also has its own multibillion-dollar, 25-year-horizon, game-changing moon shot: fixing Afghanistan.

Albert, this is your problem, but you cannot see it, despite much interesting discourse.

The translation of what you have said above is...Think like us, do like us, and it will all be OK.

Problem is we do not think like you because we believe in different standards of behavior, morality and quality.

Leigh

I believe your translation is way of my intended target, and please let’s not start with the assumption of westerns standards on behavior, morality and quality are above of others or whatever you might think of it.

What has happened in western society is the erroneous promotion of democratic ideas beyond reason, it’s often been noted that democracy carries within itself the seeds of its own destruction and, that includes too, the concepts of standards behavior, morality and, western perceptions what actually quality means.

The difference between western and Chinese business culture is in decision making, western fast decisions are unknown to the Chinese and is a sign of an aggressive attitude while western haste, is the sign of an idiot.

The Chinese talk for ever, is terrible annoying, even on decisions that might take the westerners five minutes, so patiently discuss the issue, ask for feedback and explain your point , and the staff will be more accepting and respectful of the decision.

Chinese want to be included in the decision making process and this to us westerners may seem unnecessary but is nevertheless important in this culture, a fast decision to them is an insult, make them feel honored that you bring problems/issues to them and ask what they would do, if you think it's a simple decision, sleep it over and talk to them about it, the results are amazing, good harmony, will be worth the extra effort.

Chinese business people never say no to a business nor admit that they don't understand something; no problem usually means, I will try, but don’t forget the follow-up with them, Chinese will not tell you if things start going wrong. Chastises your Chinese partner, is an unforgivable offense to cause a person to lose face and may well take your business somewhere else, you are done.

The Chinese expect a boss to be a leader in all aspects of the organization and that means organizing fun events for office personnel. The business culture's high regard for relationships depends on relationships with vendors, distributors and, most important the art of the relationship, known as guanxi or connections, guanxi can take the form of a night of at the local KTV or it could mean hosting an expensive dinner with a customs official to make sure your products shipments are processed some time before the next ten years.

Our company has switched the brain dormant section and fused to Chinese thinking, with success..!

Thanks
Albert

Last edited:
China is doing moon shots..... big, multibillion-dollar, 25-year-horizon, game-changing investments. China has at least four going now: ....

I would name the 5th, perhaps the most important.

They build a series of water power plants, starting with the present,
biggest in the World.

They expect to cover 50% of their energy demand with renewable energy
in 25 years, using well known and proven technology.

Where are the times of the Hoover Dam?

I would name the 5th, perhaps the most important.

They build a series of water power plants, starting with the present,
biggest in the World.

They expect to cover 50% of their energy demand with renewable energy
in 25 years, using well known and proven technology.

Where are the times of the Hoover Dam?

Yep...very true - hydro electric power! ... but dams have become a dirty word in western society ... ("destroying the environment"!) .... but most of that water has to come downstream eventually, surely environmental effects could be managed ... the thinking makes no sense to me, but perhaps "big oil business" supports the environmentalists to hammer their message home?

the thinking makes no sense to me, but perhaps "big oil business" supports the environmentalists to hammer their message home?

Likewise, I recently discovered that the big drug cartels contribute the most money to the "just say no" movement.

I believe your translation is way of my intended target, and please let’s not start with the assumption of westerns standards on behavior, morality and quality are above of others or whatever you might think of it.

Albert, please, where did I say this.

we believe in different standards of behavior, morality and quality

...is what I said.

My Apple iPhone says "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China"
Under Apple's stewardship, all products from their subcontractors in China seem to be first class.

Thank you Heather. I decided to quote you because you make a good point. The issue is more about quality control than culture.

You set a good example of careful planning that I have found valuable Heather. thanks.

The most frightening thing for America is the recognition that parts of China have adopted the capitalist system.

It is a scary monster that could go in any direction. What happens if they follow the American model ? Not so much fun is it ? Just thinking out loud.

Albert, please, where did I say this.

...is what I said.

I responded to your post base on this statement (post #29) you made

Lest keep it all in proper context to avoid confusions

Thanks
Albert

The most frightening thing for America is the recognition that parts of China have adopted the capitalist system.

It is a scary monster that could go in any direction. What happens if they follow the American model ? Not so much fun is it ? Just thinking out loud.

There is no doubt about that, Chinese are not communists any longer, they have morphed into the capitalist system, but anyone who knows anything about Chinese history understands that China has never been and will never be an expansionist power.

Thanks
Albert

Expansionism . . .
First: China has expanded enormously in the past, took an entire continent. Some nations still strugle to get back on their own.
Second: Many expansions are done in the name of God, our colonization was done this way and North America stuck to it, they still believe it is God given land.
Expansion today is on the Internet, the Big Money is all over, and the select group tha owns all the money still have a firm grip on it.
China is turning around and using the same tools to get ahead on the Global GAme.
The rejection to the US was harming business and american economy was artificially shrunk, this way other groups were formed and business moved elsewhere with better acceptance, but behind they are the same players.
Obama is a product of a drama lab, something like Actors Studio, just wait and see, he is now beating the drum of war.
The show must go on!
Heron
What about those China made prsus? Are they any good? Do they have the right price? Will there be reps on this side of the Big Water?

What about those China made prsus? Are they any good? Do they have the right price? Will there be reps on this side of the Big Water?

Well, since you asked, we had the first bell housing from permanent mold cast delivered and working on the adaptation to an engine, once Dyno tested and all goes well, we might export some.

Thanks
Albert

bellhousing3.jpg