I'm in Florida from Germany and would like to meet some rotor-heads

bt1958

Heide-Copter
Aircraft
Autogyro Calidus / Schweizer 300c
Total Flight Time
~6.600 h
Hello together, especially to the FLORIDA rotor-heads :flame:

I'm a brandnew member of this forum and introduced myself here: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31389

From 15th till 28th oct this year I will be on holidays in Florida, Bonita Springs.
Do somebody of you guys see the chance to meet each other for an exchange of experience of gyro-flying? That would be great!

Special thanks to Chris and John for your hints :boink:

Attachments

• Überflug (Large).jpg
    Überflug (Large).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
  • I want You i-net.jpg
    I want You i-net.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm in the destin area of the panhandle. Not sure we could be further apart but if you get up in the northwest part of Florida, I've got an RAF and would love to take you for a spin!

Tommy

Hi Thomas head over to Wauchula on the weekends, its a little under a two hour trip, and there's lots of gyro activity.

Hmm...can you rent a car and head up to Augusta, GA? We are having a nice breakfast Fly-In with EAA Chapter 172 Saturday morning. I am trying to gather some folks from EAA 976 to fly in from Carrollton, GA.

Hi Folks,

thanks a lot for your ideas.

Sorry Tommy and Greg, but Destin and Augusta are a little bit too far away, because I'm on holidays together with my wife and two of my three children (m17 , f15) and their enthusiasm for gyrocopter is still limited .

A visit to Wauchula on weekend 22nd / 23rd oct sounds great to me.
Joe and Tim, what do you think would be the best way to arrange a meeting? From 16th oct I will hopefully relax in Bonita Springs. May I have a phone number or a private mail address from one of you?

By the side - great weather this weekend in germany, stable high pressure influence almost sunny at 25°C (77°F) , that it is what we missed the whole summer this year.

To all again, thanks a lot for the warm welcome in your forum !

Last edited:
Thomas, Unfortunately I live up in the Florida Panhandle in Panama City and I won't be able to make it down that weekend. I'll call one of the gyro pilots that fly out of Wauchula and see if they'll be there the weekend of Oct 22/23 and post back here.

Last edited:
Thomas, thanks for posting, and all the other folks too...Why?
Because I will be in Jupiter the first two weeks of March and plan to fly in a rental around Florida. Will certainly come to Wauchula and am looking forward to meeting some of you.
-Walter

It seems to now become a custom for German gyro-nuts to visit Florida. I would like to once more emphasize, on behalf of my fellow countrymen, that you are all very welcome to come over here and fly.

Thomas, Walter, don't miss an airboat ride on the Everglades.

Kai.

Thomas, Walter, don't miss an airboat ride on the Everglades.

Kai.

I've done it three years ago, and it was impressive like an NOE flight with a helicopter :angel:

Would like to do it again this time, does anybody has a recommandation for an airboat ride ?

Rick, did you got my private email?

Like Kai I want to animate you to visit Germany sometime (not only for gyro flying).

:welcome: to GERMANY anybody of you guys !

reed somberg said:
Walter, I live in Jupiter on an airpark and fly a gyro

Hay reed, I also fly a gyro and would like to drop in on your airpark. Any chance I could get permission to fly in and pay a visit?
I used to live in Jupiter as well. I currently live in Sunrise, but am considering a move back that way.

I keep my gyro at wauchula and only fly on weekends. I want to get it closer to home, and fly more often!

Let me know about the visit...

Thanks!

bt1958 said:
I've done it three years ago, and it was impressive like an NOE flight with a helicopter :angel:

Would like to do it again this time, does anybody has a recommandation for an airboat ride ?

Rick, did you got my private email?

Like Kai I want to animate you to visit Germany sometime (not only for gyro flying).

:welcome: to GERMANY anybody of you guys !

I will be at wauchula on the week end of the 23rd (weather permitting)

I am sure others will be there as well.

Look forward to seeing you then.

Tim Blackwell

I went to the Tigertail boat tour. It was great, the guy has made friends with an alligator and showed some tricks and they have a small zoo with indiginous animals.

http://www.tigertailsairboattours.net/

Kai.

Hi Kai,

looks interesting, but I couldn't find out the location.
Can you help me, because the homepage hides this relevant detail (or I've tomatoes on my eyes ;-)

It is along the Tamiami (spelling?) trail, the straight road going from Miami to the west coast. Plenty of places offering the same service. You can call them and make an appointment.

Kai.