Scott's Butterfly is off to a good start

Mark,
Do you know if the windshield deflects the wind over the pilots head? It looks like it would direct the wind right into the face.

It's truly a thing of beauty to watch a Butterfly fly. Even without using the G-Force landing gear, those landings were smooth as silk. Keep us posted on how it does, as you get it all shook out.

Gyro Doug

Hey Tim,
The windshield is more for aerodynamics to streamline the gyro. It keeps the wind off your lower body. It hits you toward your upper chest. It really was not bad until I would go over 70 mph. On my Bensen I had a taller windshield that would keep the wind off of you but when you came to land and you nose it down the wind would poor over the top and it felt like you where going 3x faster a scary filling.

Scott

Last edited:
It's sure looks sexy!!

Very nice looking bird. It looks remarkably well-behaved. As for the videos, you are quite the pro compared to ANY of mine.....For the record, I ate another tape trying get some in-air video just yesterday.

I may have to change my nickname to "King of Earthquakes"

*JC*

That butterfly is sweet. Hard to beat those smooth landings. That is some excellent suspension.

Most enjoyable to watch. Nice landings.

Very nice looking bird. It looks remarkably well-behaved. As for the videos, you are quite the pro compared to ANY of mine.....For the record, I ate another tape trying get some in-air video just yesterday.

I may have to change my nickname to "King of Earthquakes"

*JC*

yes, I look forward to meeting you sometime Earthquakes. I hope that I can get rid of my "shake and bake " videos soon.

awesome

awesome

I love that machine. Your landings were smooooooooothhhh, cool.

Good looking Gyro!!!!

Good looking Gyro!!!!

Congradulations Scott,

You've really moved up in the world!!! Great looking and flying gyro, those lessons have finally paid off and now is the time to enjoy all that hard work with alot of play time.

Have you had the chance to use the g-force landing Gear yet? It looks like you haven't extended the gear during any of the landings that Mark posted on youtube. I'm sure it's comforting that you can do tight landings, "Stop and Drop" .

Down the Road, Larry Neal has a ton of future options that fit on the monarch, Metro prerotator, etc. will you do any upgrades in the future?

Enjoy and fly safe,
Glenn