Hire and fly Magni M16

Trolly

Aircraft
Xenon RST 2 Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Good day

I will be travelling to the USA, Boston, Massachussettes, in the month of July 2016 and would like to know if there are any opportunities to hire and fly a Magni M16 in the Boston, MA, area. I have a NPL gyro pilots licence completed in South Africa.
Please advise what the rules are for the USA or who I can engage in this regard?

Regards

Mark

Your best bet is to contact the Magni agents and Autogyro agents in the US. You can contact Dayton Dabbs in Texas - I'd message him through Facebook. Also Fara on this forum with Silverlight aviation is very knowledgeable and helpful. Gyros here come under experimental rules (self build 51%) for the most part, so you may find it tough to find one for hire. Nevertheless if you do get to the Orlando area and want to go for a fly, feel free to contact me. (You'd have to settle for an MTO though :) ) You can also contact me through Facebook - Jeffrey Hartog. I'm an ex-SA, and friends with Jean Tresfon whom you probably know.

Last edited:
Thanks Loftus, condolences on the tragic chain of events there in Orlando. What is the world coming to. Jean forwarded the rotary forum details to me and suggested I join. Unfortunately I do not personally know Jean.
Thanks for information will follow up.

Thanks, really would just love to fly gyro M16, in Boston, MA, while there but if not possible then just bad luck. Thanks folks for information.

Hi Mark,

If you find yourself in the UK on holiday then it is possible to have this freedom

""In April 2013 the CA have issued a dispensation allowing self-fly hire for UK factory built Gyroplanes on a permit to fly. This is a very welcome development as those amazing aircraft can now be hired from Gyro School – please contact us for further details and rates.""

an earlier RWF thread on this very subject

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37232

Hey thanks Steve will certainly look at that option when in UK. Need to understand our pilot license validity in UK? Regards

Brent excuse my ignorance but what is LODA?
It is a "Letter of Deviation Authority" (LODA) from the FAA, authorizing them to operate their experimental aircraft for hire for the purposes of type-specific training.
This is the only legal way an instructor can charge for hire using an experimental aircraft.

Trolly,

Greg Gremminger (Gyrogreg on the forum) is the Magni rep in the US. He could likely tell you the name of the Magni owner closest to Boston who might give you a flight.

I looked on the FAA database but did not see any Magnis close to Boston.

I was in Cape Town two years ago and Jean and David Lehr treated my wife and me to wonderful flights along the peninsula. It would be great if a gyro pilot here could do the same for you. You certainly have a beautiful area to fly around Cape Town.

Rob

Hi Mark.
I live in Western Ma. just under two hrs. drive from Boston.
I have a AG1 that I would be happy to give you a ride in.
As said earlier in the post we cannot hire out our gyro's hear.
I am not available the entire month but most of it . Let me know
your schedule and if possible I think you would just love to take
a ride starting at my home airport (7B9) down the Hudson River
through the New York Hudson River Corridor around the Statue
of Liberty and back. It's about 125nm each way with an amazing
view. Let me know if I can help Barry

Wow Barry, what an offer! I thank you for this and would love to take you up. My son is coming on a summer camp to Berklee College of Music. Without inconveniencing you we just need to check his schedule out prior to any arrangements. How do I contact you? Can I give you my email address?
Regards