Unknown MTO

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
The Chapter62 newslettr mentions the following

""Bobby Martin has ordered new frame and rotor assembly to re-pair his MTO from the swamp landing & rollover.""

I don't recall this incident - any basic facts would be welcome -

Where

When

Registration

Basic summary

Thanks

Steve this

mto was the one that had a tower loop bracket fail that is the prerotator safety loop. It went throught the prop and the prop delaminated the pilot had a forced laning in the swamp. Because it was soft it layed over. This was reported and discussed on the forum Last
Fall and happened during the flying in at Chambers county. I have a picture of a loop but it not the MTO version. It does the same thing however. I think this picture is of the ELA version.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
http://gyroaccidents.blogspot.com/

Oct 17th 15 - Wallisville, near Anahuac, Texas, USA - Auto-Gyro MTOsport - N3232Z -The NTSB Preliminary report states "On October 17, 2015, about 1200 central daylight time, an experimental - amateur built, Bobby Martin, AutoGyro MTO Sport gyroplane, N3232Z, impacted terrain in a remote swampy area near Wallisville, Texas. The pilot was not injured, and the gyroplane was substantially damaged. The gyroplane was registered to and operated by a private individual, as a 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 personal flight. Day visual meteorological conditions (VMC) prevailed and a flight plan had not been filed. The gyroplane had departed Chambers County Airport (T00) Anhuac, Texas, about 1130 for a local flight.

The pilot reported that during cruise flight one blade had delaminated on the 3-blade carbon fiber propeller, a severe vibration began and during the off-airport forced landing the gyroplane rolled on its side causing damage to the rotor blades and rotor mast."