shoveling snow

What is that stuff? Looks like somebody white-washed the Grand Canyon!!

Yeah Cody, I think it some kind of paint they use for graffiti removal. Well it is going to remain in the low 80's here for all of this X-mas week. My gyro will be busy taking in the sights, it is shorts and t-shirt weather.

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel, Ca N86SH

My son and I are taking the dirtbike out on Christmas. I'm concerned about him getting heat-stroke with all that gear he wears. Jeans, combat boots, helmet and gloves are good enough for me! Oh, and the ubiquitous aviation t-shirt.

Allright...rub it in.

Merry Christmas from Central Florida...with morning freezes and frosty temps.:(

Cheers :)

Hehe - *I'm* off shortly to our end-of-year project lunch... company-provided beer, sun umbrellas, pool, ... then am heading off to a beach for ten days... :D :D :D

Attachments

• doubtless_bay.jpg
    doubtless_bay.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm suprised that the mid-summer Aussies haven't check in yet. I bet the only white Chistmas they have is like us: a dust storm!

Far as I know, they don't celebrate Christmas in Australia... something about not being able find either three wise men OR a virgin... :D

Probably just as well... The US has decided to wage war against CHRISTmas. Now schools and public offices are being sued if you mention Christmas... you're only allowed to say "Happy Holidays" now to avoid any religious connotations. Wonder if our lawmakers realize "holiday" means "Holy Day."

Dude, enjoy the sun & fun! Sounds like your company really takes care of their people. Me... I gotta work all weekend! AAAAaaahhhhhhh!

Cheers,
Brian

The nice lady who took my money at Wendys today - got a Double Cheeseburger combo with mountain dew for a drink - wished me a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I just checker weather.com. Looks like we are in for a cold snap for Christmas: 74/50. Brrrr!
Don't worry Brian, you'll never see me write it with an X. I can defend my freedom of speech, religion, right to bear arms and pursuit of happiness all in one...err, all at one time. I almost said "shot".

cold weather???

cold weather???

You guys haven't got a clue what winter is about - Come have a Denver Christmas with us. It's colder than my mother-in-laws kiss up here!!! Is that cold enough for your a__?? Happy Holidays to all.

In a kingdome (Emirate) that is Islamic, not Christian, and doesn't speak English, I have been wished Merry Christmas by policemen and military officials no less than at least 100 times this year. Santa Clause and Christmas Trees abound in the local stores. And IN that same country that does not use the Gregorian callender I will be wished Happy New Year about the same.

Maybe OUR politicians should consider WHO it is exactly thats out of step with the rest of the world.

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year folks :)

Aussie checking in. 44*C here today. Without calculating, somewhere around 117*F, and blowing dust.
"I'm dreaming of a red Christmas"
This would probably be a cool change for Birdy.

weird snow

weird snow

Poor babies, This is a pic taken from my back deck last weekend. I am putting the skis on my gyro this weekend. John M

Attachments

• weird snow.jpg
    weird snow.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
Merry Christmas.
100 degrees here and 85 percent humidity. Its just great and we dont
expect to have a cool day untill about April or May. love it !
I'll leave you with this below to ponder on.
Yeh no Cheers ay.

Attachments

• image0011.jpg
    image0011.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
117? Come on Tim, you can do better than! Just curious though, when you do have a white Christmas, does the dust come from the east or the west? For us it's from the east, White Sands New Mexico. North is red from Sedona and the red rocks area, south is brown or tan and west is gray as in smog from LA. The nice thing about Arizona is with our mountains and deserts we can keep the snow accesible for the moments of insanity when we actually want to see it then come home and drink tequilla by the pool and gripe about how cold it was! Life is rough. ;)
Ive seen Point Barrow in January and McMurdo Station in July. The temperature was the same in both places at -86 F with lots of snow and no desert to escape to. :(
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka, Happy New Year, and what ever ever it is the Kwanza celebrators say, and anything else I missed, to all, as appropriate. (Being politically correct is a lot of work!!)
If it weren't for my neighbors to the east I could have gotten through this whole pointless post, other than to express best wishes to all, with out using a single "x". Instead I end up using three.