Page resolution on threads

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2600+ in rotorcraft
hi Tod, I think your forum is great. I just have one little nit. Sometimes my monitor doesn't have enough resolution to display the threads without scrolling back and forth. My computer counselor says that you can choose to narrow the page. I showed it too him before I posted this and after I posted it I couldn't get it to repeat even on the same thread. I would be grateful if you could try to adress this in some way. Thank You Vance

Re:page resolution on threads

Vance if you go up under view on your browser tool bar if you have Microsoft and just change the text size one place you will be able to get all of the text in one line with out having to scroll back and forth.

Mike

Tthank you Mike, I tried that and it doesn't seem to change the width. I like being able to change the size of the print. Thank You, Vance

Ok Vance next try on your desktop screen, right click and hit porperties and change your settings tab on resolution make it smaller that may help you too.

Mike

Thank You Mike, It says not available on everything. It hasn't done it in the last hour so maybe it fixed itself?? Thank You Vance

Hi Vance,

I've tried different resolutions etc., and believe the problem is probably limited to your PC. I normally use 1024 x 768 on my machines, and it works fine. The only time I have to scroll back and forth is with large images. I tried 800 x 600 and the page resized without problem on two different machines. I hate to tell you this, but I think its a machine specific problem. I'll be happy to help, but I think its something we need to work out on your machine. Let me know,

Todd

Vance,

Does it do it when there is only text on the screen, or does it happen when there is an image included with a post?

If an image is wider than the screen, it will cause the whole topic to widen out, including the text.

Thats what I thought was happening also.

Aussie Paul.

Thank You everyone. I can't get it to do it this morning. I have tried threads with pictures and it is working just fine. Thank you for your help, Vance

Todd, this very well be a machine specific problem but I also have the problem occasionally and it isn't limited to pages with pictures as it will sometimes do it with just text. And it doesn't neccessarly do it on all messages in a thread. What I mean is that several messages will be okay and then there will be a rogue that you need to scroll in order to read it. The next message after the rogue may be okay.

I don't believe it has anything to do with resolution. The fact that it is intermittent and doesn't follow a pattern is puzzling.

Thank You Dean and Miles. I am gratefull to know that I am not alone in this.

I have been told on many subjects that I am the only one to have that particular challange. Thank You, Vance

I have the same problem, but not on all threads.

When the first poster is real wide, the rest of the postings follow suit.