Wrens, ga flyin in october

Wrens, ga flyin in october

• Count me and my gyro in....

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Count me in........( No gyro)...

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Count me and my gyro in but not flying.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Want to butt............................can not make it......

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Going to need a spot to hookup water and elect.

• Going to need a spot to hookup elect.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Coming in Thursday thru Sunday

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coming in Thursday thru Saturday

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Coming in Saturday

• Be there when I get there ok...........

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
I have never heard of Brown.

I will be at Wrens, either Air Command Tandem or Blue Bee in tow.

If Air Command, I'll have to re-work the trailer and I have burned up the bearing on the Wunderlich tuning the Sky Wheels last Sunday. i have spares, but for some reason the shaft on one won't fit the bushing of the other to come up with a suitable pair. Bastard. I have more options, but...may be easier to just settle on the little Bee.

What the heck Ron, I thought you might fly the FW down. Now you aren't coming at all? Missed Mentone. Now Wrens?

Did the EAA invite us back for a breakfast fly-in this year?

Hey Chris. I am not sure if I will make it or not. Unfortunately I am not done yet with the Behemoth and does not seem like I can pull it off til the fly in. I will be working on her in every free minute I have so I can finish her up by the end of next month. We will see I might just change my mind and drive up............. I can't promise anything right now :(

Crap. Went to the doc today, found out we have to do a minor out-patient surgery for the little girl, ASAP. Something about the dialysis therapy and her hoohah, it forced a little hernia. I might still make it to Wrens, but her surgery is planned for 10/5. Jeez. That's cutting it a bit close. The good news is that the new Doc that is doing the surgery and I were in college together at Univ of Mich in the 80's, so we had a lot to talk about.

Our EAA chapter 976 is planning our major annual Young Eagles event for Sunday 10/9, and I am committed to that, too. Who is in charge of the event at Wrens? I need to have a quick chat with them. Are we planning on flying to the grass field as we did last year? That may make a difference in my plans, I may have a few FW guys from my EAA local fly over if we are combining events with the other EAA chapter over east of Wrens again.

The Air Command is pretty much ready for the fly-in, I have several cross country flights on her and the Sky Wheels are tracked and smooth. Tried to get ahold of Tommy for info about repairing a bendix but no reply...no surprise. Rigged up something else I had in the shop for the Prero.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gabor, much appreciated.

Wrens Fall Fly-in AKA ROC 2011

Wrens Fall Fly-in AKA ROC 2011

Greg,
You can go to the Wrens Fall Fly-in thread Wrens Fall Fly-in to get the information you are asking for, including phone number and contact information, or just click here:

Everything is just about the same as last year. There is a grass strip. Also, you could do what you asked, if you are talking about the Kaolin mines "Are we planning on flying to the grass field as we did last year?" or if you are writing about the Saturday morning fly-out to the Pea Patch aerodrome?

===================

To Billy Gyro:
You wrote: "'BUT' what I would like to see is a lot of the locals show up and show support for the sport. Reading some of the post makes me feel like that Wrens may not be worth attending. Someone please post something positive about me driving so far to see a maybe nothing... "

Last year this is what happened:
Hope this year will match it!

John

The Pea Patch is what I was referring to. I may go, just for THAT part of the weekend, it is well worth the trip for that breakfast alone. Anyone who misses it is crazy, or just not hungry.