Thomas Brandt from Germany

bt1958

Heide-Copter
Aircraft
Autogyro Calidus / Schweizer 300c
Total Flight Time
~6.600 h
Hello all together,

my name is Thomas, I'm 53 years old and I got the link to this wonderful forum from a member of the german www.gyrocopter-forum.de .
I'm working as a Chief Instructor Pilot on EUROCOPTER EC135 training helicopter at the German Army Aviation School.
I've flown more than 5.000 flying hrs on several helicopters till, at the end of last year, I discovered gyrocopter flying as a great hobby. Some weeks later I got the chance to buy a pre-owned Autogyro MTOsport, only one year old in an excellent shape. Meanwhile, after completion of the conversion course in spring this year, I've flown ~100 hrs on it and I won't miss one minute.
From 15th till 28th oct this year I will be on holidays in Florida, Bonita Springs.
Do somebody of you guys see the chance to meet each other for an exchange of experience of gyro-flying? That would be great!

With best regards from Germany

Attachments

• Überflug (Large).jpg
    Überflug (Large).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the Forum and to the USA, Thomas,
Florida is home of the Dominator and many custom build gyros. Wish you a pleasant stay with us.

Guten Tag. Welcome to the forum, Thomas. We have a few forum members who live in Southern, FL. Hopefully they'll see your post and contact you.

Hallo Thomas, good to see you've made it to the Rotaryforum!

If you are looking to meet some gyropilots during your stay in Florida, it might pay to start a new thread and put that question in the thread's title.

-- Chris.

Welcome Thomas. My dream is to be able to visit Germany some day and fly the Rhine river, love those castles.

Good morning Tomas and welcome to the forum.
The folks on this site have met many others who were visiting the US.
However as Chris AKA Ckuz700 suggested for the best exposure to all post another request with "I'm in Florida from Germany and would like to meet some rotor-heads" in the title or something similar. So they will read the thread not all read greetings as you can tell from the number of hits.

I'll bet you will meet some new friends soon!

Thomas- Welcome. A Eurocopter 135 instructor!! I am impressed. Just settle right in here........everyone.......move over just a tad and give this guy some room. I will be swabbing your brain for helicopter knowledge in the future. Stan

Thomas & I have been in contact. We haven't tightened it up yet, but if all goes well Thomas will be hanging out with the infamous Wauchula Morons on the weekend of October 22. As usual, the more the merrier! So bring it on.

Sorry Stan............We got him first!

Oh yea, the 'Missfit' is running better than ever now. Playing with prop pitch, and I swear
it's faster, and getting better mileage. I will be at Wauchula tomorrow morning via fix
wing. Trying to work a deal with Bud on a 300hp Lycoming for my new (old) airboat.:wacko:

Thomas just called to say that he will definitely be visiting with us at Wauchula on Saturday October 22nd. As usual, we'll be hanging out, flying, cooking up some good grub and generally having a good time. Unfortunately, none of our resident two-place machines will be there to give Thomas a ride. Feel free to pass the word, come visit with us and welcome Thomas to Florida.

I can't begin to tell you what a BEAUTIFUL day we had here today. Thomas from Germany and his son Vincent (I hope I got that correct) came up from their vacation in Bonita Springs and spent some time with us. Thomas inspected all the gyros and we spent a lot of time comparing the gyro/aviation situations in europe compared to the U.S.. I put the Gator Gyro through her paces for them and we had a nice Bratwurst lunch. I guess after all the rukus and activity last weekend, everyone else decided to stay home. Brooke was here for a while and then Trez, Jose and myself visited with Thomas and Vincent. All in all, on a beautiful day, we had a great visit with a couple of great guys from that place where they brew the best beer in the world. Man..............I want to go back!

Thomas, you guys are welcome here anytime!

It's a shame nobody with a 2-place was available to give him a flight around the patch. Tell him to come back for Bensen Days.

Hi Thomas,

it was great to talk to you at Aero 2014.

Finally we got a chance to leave the virtual world and to talk in real.

Paul