Please Post Your Gydroplane Pictures here. They're for my YouTube Channel

Here is mine B7 Bensen, notice in the background over dudes right shoulder Stan is coming in to land.
I took this pic at Shelbyville last year.

Attachments

• B7M c.jpg
    B7M c.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for asking

Thanks for asking

I like the look of it. Please post a side view shot of your machine.

Thanks for your kind words. If it is cool it has to be because I am probably the only gyro flying with an electric twin trumpet air horn (look below front seat). Its as loud as a truck! On Sundays we share the airspace next to and over the runway with (you ready for this?) model r/c enthusiasts. There are also routinely kids, dogs, and whole families walking across. The horn lets them know I am on my way in - or on my way out. I have been told it really makes a big difference. (Plus its customary here to honk at pretty girls so I can do that over the villages also! LoL).

For the stats its an Air Command Tandem Elite flying a 2.5 Subaru motor and a 69" four blade KoolProp made in the Ukraine.

Attachments

• JJ2 AND ME SIDE.jpg
    JJ2 AND ME SIDE.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • JJ2 SIDE VIEW.jpg
    JJ2 SIDE VIEW.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
Murray Barker

How much time you got on your Little Wing and how easy is it to fly ??

Tony

Hi Tony, about 5 hours on the engine and about 1 in the air. I'm just sorting out some stick shake at the moment.

The hardest thing about flying the LW is getting enough balls to push the throttle all the way forward and takeoff.When you do its a non event.Very stable.

This is my 20th year flying gyro's but I still did a lot of strip runs and asked Ron Heron a lot of questions before attempting flight.

Attachments

• LittleWing 030.jpg
    LittleWing 030.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your kind words. If it is cool it has to be because I am probably the only gyro flying with an electric twin trumpet air horn. Its as loud as a truck! (Plus its customary here to honk at pretty girls so I can do that over the villages also! LoL).

its an Air Command Tandem Elite flying a 2.5 Subaru motor

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Your Pictures are on my YouTube Channel now. Good Horns to have. Last thing you want is collisions with people or other aircraft. I also need pictures of the Pretty Girls:D. LoL

What is the weight of it? Do you you have any complaints about it?

Murray's flying

Murray's flying

Murray Barker

How much time you got on your Little Wing and how easy is it to fly ??

Tony

Murray only will fly if the wind is 2kts or less and straight down the strip, so it may take a few years to clock up some hours.

Graeme.

Here's my Youtube Background. Click on picture to make it big.
Thanks for all the pictures. :)

Attachments

• gyroJON_YouTubeBackground 6 Sept27.jpg
    gyroJON_YouTubeBackground 6 Sept27.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Weight and complaints

Weight and complaints

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Your Pictures are on my YouTube Channel now. Good Horns to have. Last thing you want is collisions with people or other aircraft. I also need pictures of the Pretty Girls:D. LoL

What is the weight of it? Do you you have any complaints about it?

The AUW with the front seat empty of fuel and me on board is 1015. I am about to take delivery of 30 ft blades. That should mitigate things at least in the wing loading area.

I have no complaints at all. She needs a torque roll spring which I was about to tackle before I fractured my foot. I am a week or two at most from flying again and then I will be taking that on. Other than a pronounced torque roll (which I treat very gingerly when under power) I am completely happy. The machine is eerily quiet, you really only hear blades spinning (another reason to need the horn!).

Are you serious about the pretty girls? If so is that with or without gyros in the shot? There is NO lack of beauty here. :humble:

I have been saying for a few years that a calender with pretty girls and gyros would sell widely in GA and earn some extra $$ for PRA.

:spy:You have drawn me out, as I have been avoiding any kind of postings on this forum for over a year. This will be my only foray as its not likely to result in the infamous school yard brawls, name calling, chest pounding etc etc. Then again my referencing it just might be enough!:whip:

Do you also want whole videos or just clips?

I have no complaints at all.

-What's the approximate cost of those blades? Just curious. I have never flown so just want to learn.

-What is effect or consequence(Danger) of torque roll?

-What does the torque roll spring do to prevent it?

The machine sounds very nice. Great that you are happy with it. Sorry to hear about your foot injury. Hope it heals good.

I was joking about the Girl pictures but if you have some taken with the Gyro I would not mind seeing,:) Hot Girl and Hot Gyro would look good together! Some stores make Calendars if you supply the pictures. Can also be made on a computer. I've done some brawling on non aviation forums in the past. I rather have a good time and learn something. I will behave here. Hope your return here is less agrivating this time round.

Whole video or Clips are fine. I can edit down longer ones if Necessary. I will give credit to you in the video description. That's if you are OK with me uploading to YouTube. Nice Chatting :)

Air COMMAND, baby

Air COMMAND, baby

Here we go, my stable of fillies. The Air Command, the Blue Bee, and the Yamagiro - on the trailer ready to go to the Wrens ROC fly-in.

Attachments

• Yamagiro.jpg
    Yamagiro.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1
  • BeeForum.jpg
    BeeForum.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
  • aIMG_3714.jpg
    aIMG_3714.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1
  • aIMG_3757.jpg
    aIMG_3757.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Here we go, my stable of fillies. The Air Command, the Blue Bee, and the Yamagiro - on the trailer ready to go to the Wrens ROC fly-in.

Thank you. I'm convinced the Yamagyro is photoshopped! May work if the Prop was in front.

The Air Command and the Blue Bee are both nice.

Would you install a faring and windshield on the Blue B if someone offered it to you for free or is there something desirable to flying open like that? Obviously it would add weight so lets say for the sake of this question that the extra weight would bot be an issues.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask. If I had the time it would have been enclosed in the front by now. My idea is to use a tractor inner tube or a boater's drag tube (the type you drag your kids around the lake behind your boat...) as mold to drap a sheet of lexan or acrylic over and blast it with a salamander heater to shape it. Look at a Mosquito helo pod, that is the general idea of the shape I am aiming for. The rear fairing added a good deal of "slip" to it already.

The Yamagiro (not gyro, but giro, as in the ORIGINAL spelling of our machines by Cierva himself, the Godfather of auto rotation flight) is very real. I fly it quite a lot. It is great in the winter, and kicks ass on the slopes. I also use it in conjunction with a time machine to fly it over the dinosaurs in Montana from time to time...

Last edited:
......The rear fairing added a good deal of "slip" to it already.
I saw your Bee at Mentone and didn't have an opportunity to track you down to ask what you used to enclose the engine. It is definitely unique! Is your comment about 'slip' a positive or negative comment? Did it affect yaw stability in any way?