Tempil Sticks

I used a infrared temp gun when I was doing my testing. I bought one from Harbor Freight for $30 and it reads within two degrees of all three of my digital temp gauges.

I mainly need in-flight data. The Temp Sticks will melt if exceeded. If not, they look like a crayon mark. I can check when I land. For example, I would mark it with a 350, then fly, the land to see if it melted or not. You then can bracket in the temps. Alternatively, I could move the CHT prob around, but with my cooling shrouds it would be a hassle.

I got it down 50 this weekend, but Id' like to drop another 50 degrees,

I used a infrared temp gun when I was doing my testing. I bought one from Harbor Freight for $30 and it reads within two degrees of all three of my digital temp gauges.

The temp gun worked for me because my testing was done while hovering, I could just land and check temps.

Have you checked out the telatemp stickers? You can get them as a strip and as each temp is reached one of the temp windows darkens. I think you can get them up to 500 degrees.

http://www.sisweb.com/vacuum/sis/telatemp.htm

Same here, I love it.