Air Command 582

Ron,
You need to brush up on your ebay bidding strategy. You should never bid until the last few seconds of an auction. If you bid early you get into a bidding war with someone and that just drives the price up. Figure out what the maximum amount you want to pay and then use bidding software to bid for you in the last 10 seconds.

Ron,
You need to brush up on your ebay bidding strategy. You should never bid until the last few seconds of an auction. If you bid early you get into a bidding war with someone and that just drives the price up. Figure out what the maximum amount you want to pay and then use bidding software to bid for you in the last 10 seconds.

Tim, is that what they call "sniping"?
I don't know, I've just read somthing about folks complaining about getting "snipered" or "sniped" in the last few seconds.

Ron,

I don't really want it to be honest. Just figured if it were to go for 4 grand, I would take it and make something out of it for that kind of price. It could be parted out for more money..... I fully expect to be outbid on it, I figure it is worth about 5000-5500$ in the shape it is in. Would be worth more with current airworthiness certificate and a N number and would be worth more with a freshened up engine and especially with the CLT kit installed. Do those things and it would be a 10 grand gyro.

I wonder how much it would cost to break it down, box it up and ship it to me here in Australia? How much is a CLT kit?

Chapter 18's Air Command & picts

Chapter 18's Air Command & picts

There are around 8 hours of bidding left.
Just a "heads up".

Someone wanted some pictures. Here she is, warts and all. The anodized balck parts occasionally look purple, or faded. This is a trick of the camera flash. The gyro was stored indoors all of it's life.

These were taken before it was flown or dusted off. I took these a few months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0672sm.jpg
    IMG_0672sm.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0673sm.jpg
    IMG_0673sm.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0674sm.jpg
    IMG_0674sm.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0675sm.jpg
    IMG_0675sm.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0676sm.jpg
    IMG_0676sm.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0677sm.jpg
    IMG_0677sm.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0678sm.jpg
    IMG_0678sm.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0679sm.jpg
    IMG_0679sm.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More pictures

More pictures

I had a couple more pictures. The gyro is antenna'd and push-to-talk'd for a VHF aircraft handheld (not included, couldn't find) the radio holder is a shoddy looking, but functional add on. Hobbs time is correct before the test flight. Around 70 hours TTAF/ENG

Attachments

• IMG_0680sm.jpg
    IMG_0680sm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0681sm.jpg
    IMG_0681sm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
Hope you don't get burned Tom, the high bidder has zero feedback.....

It'll be a bummer if it goes for under $5,000. I wonder if it's possible for a large club to have a single place gyro for club members to solo and even rent while they look for their own gyro.

It'll be a bummer if it goes for under $5,000. I wonder if it's possible for a large club to have a single place gyro for club members to solo and even rent while they look for their own gyro.

That was discussed by the club but because if liability issues the club decided to sell it instead.

A lot of EAA chapters do it with planes. Seems like they've figured out the liability issues with their operations.

I tried the last minute bid and would have won, but my bid did not register. Oh well, I feel like Ron. I don't need another gyro. Chriss moved into my hanger(happy to have him), and the hanger is full enough.
It was interesting as the winner came frome nowhere.