Rotary Wing Forum  

Go Back   Rotary Wing Forum > General > Events

Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Default Zephyrhills Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues (KZPH)

The annual event is Saturday Jan 21 at the Zephyrhills Airport. No admission charge, just a charge for car parking. No charge for aircraft parking if you fly in. The EAA will also have the Ford Tri-Motor there giving rides as well.

Here's a link: http://www.zephyrhillschamber.org/Pi...BQ_&_Blues.php

Come on out and hang with us Buzzard Chasers.
- Zephyrhills Buzzard Chasers

Somedays it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Aussie in Kansas.

Red face Well Darn....

Too bad i will still be about 3 days away ... can't be everywhere at same time ... will be @ Anahuac for the January meeting ... if weather & continued good health allow me to fly south out of Kansas midweek - next week! This will be quite the adventure!!!

"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape." Buck B.

Time flies if you can but only the slowest.

PRA# 42127
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 AM

Chris, will you be able to come down for Bensen Days this year?

Old 01-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Aussie in Kansas.

Unhappy Sad to say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro Pilot View Post
Chris, will you be able to come down for Bensen Days this year?
NO Bensen Days this year! ... I will be in Australia @ that time this year - preparing for a unique adventure ... the plan is 3 of us to fly 3 Titaniums from Yass NSW ( near Canberra) along the length of the Murray river - about 3 days expedition flight) to Goolwa ...in South Aust. ( SE of Adelaide) ... to attend the Australian Sport rotor Nationals ... held 4 days over Easter!
.... of course we are at the mercy of the late autumn weather ... we can only plan & hope!

As the 10 day forecast for mid next week is currently looking conducive to my being able to fly south to Propwash, then Anahuac ... so I can attend the January Chap62 meeting .... and THEN ... if I feel like flying a few more days and the winds and weather allow ... I'll plan to head for FL - to get the Titanium represented at Sebring LS Expo! ... I'll be doing my rotax 4 stroke refresher school @ Lockwood Jan30-Feb2 - then fly around a bit catching up with friends in FL ... then make my way back to KS!
Plan B - if I poop out on the long XC / weather shuts me down is to fly commercial & rent a car to get around - visits/ rotax school! ... so hope to see you guys a bit sooner than April!

PRA# 42127
Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 AM

Chris,

How are you getting the Titaniums in Australia? Are you renting down there or shipping? Sounds like a great adventure.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Aussie in Kansas.

Wink I was in Australia in November....

besides taking care of my Mum's estate business ... I was working on the next " Toevs Titanium" , got my ASRA pilot license organized - plus medical (to take passengers) ... this one will be registered with ASRA and I'll fly it to ASRA Nats , ( along with a couple of other G-registered - Aussie owned & piloted Titaniums!) then hoping to visit several old friends along the way ..up to QLD (family) & across to Caboolture & back to Yass - for eventual shipping ( when the next container is headed this way!! )

Jim & I had planned this Aussie adventure for a 30th year anniversary jaunt ... as a full circle pilgrimage to the point where his - (& our) gyro venture began some 8 years ago when he saw the homebuilt gyro's used on the Downing Bros farming operation in SA & ...so began his quest to return to flying! He'll be along in spirit & laminated photo on the windshield!

ANY ONE ... if you are considering ordering a Titanium in the near future ... be advised a price hike is coming due to the exchange rate & US $ strength! The next build run is starting ...a good time to get in your order ...NOW!!!!

PRA# 42127
Old 01-12-2017, 05:04 AM

Default The OZ Adventure

Chris, sorry we won't get to see you at Bensen Days but, hey, it happens every year whereas your Aussie trip sounds like a once in a lifetime adventure. I envy you that.

If you get to LSA Expo Sebring maybe we can catch up then. I will be there on Saturday 28th.

I am so glad you are keeping busy and staying in gyro flying and even promoting it and flying globally. Keep the cameras rolling any chance you get, we'd love to see photos and videos of the adventure down under. I predict someday I'll be putting your book on my shelf next to Marion's. Then I can tell my grandkids "We went to ground school together".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: