Hand Startable Rotors

Do they make a 21 foot rotor? Sport Copters will be a good choice for hand starting.

For sizes that are not listed on our web-site, please call and give us more information.

We want to make sure you get the proper size.

Sport Copter 1-503-543-7000

I had Sport Copter Rotors on my Bee and they were Fantastic! You could also go with Rotordynes. For the small difference in price I'd still go with the Sport Rotors myself.

I've got Sportcopters on my Bee as well and they're great. When I had problems with the prerotator I could hand start them on my own in no wind. With a bit of wind they are really easy to hand start.

I put my 23' SC blades on today and was testing out the Elect. prerotator that I hooked up it works great. I had to hold the stick FWD for about 5 minutes waiting on the blades to quit turning up. Had about 15 MPH wind. I couldn't leave it long. So I dont think I will have any problems getting the to spin up either.:)

Using 22' RotorHawks without a pre-rotator. They work really well, pat up easily. Very smooth with very little rotor shake. Keeping them spun up is not difficult even with a 12-14 knot tailwind.

They will announce incipient blade sail clearly with a side to side twitch of the stick and instant stick forward nips blade stall in the bud. They happily lift my 90Kg and accelerate to 60Kts with ease.

I consider myself fortunate to be in training on rotor handling on these mild mannered blades and am looking forward to seeing how our slightly more temperamental but lighter, and, hopefully better performing DW's handle.