Gyros at Popham Microlight Fair

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Hi

Lots of gyros at this years Popham Microlight Fair.

The exhibition and demo flight area had - Calidus, Cavalon, M16 and M24 all busy doing flights - note that the weather was very windy circa 15-20 knots with rain mid morning bringing the cloudbase down to 200 feet for a while - it brightened up in the afternoon but remained windy.

Magni 24C Orion - G-CGRZ
Magni M16C Tandem Trainer - G-JWNW

Auto-Gyro Cavalon - G-CGYX, G-CHMW ( this latter one is brand new )
Auto-Gyro MTOsport - G-KBOJ
Auto-Gyro Calidus - G-LISS, G-ULUL

Gyro visitors included

MT-03 & MTOsport, G-KEVG, G-CGEW G-CEVY, G-CGGW, G-YROC, G-DADA

M16 - G-YYRO, G-YRON,

I put a small set of photos up on Flickr - you can view them via

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46632012@N02/sets/72157633406934017/with/8710021206/

The gyros were all in the same section of the airfield so it looked very impressive to see a dozen or so machines in proximity, certainly had plenty of interest from the trade show visitors and public.

Hope the report is of interest

Steve

Steve, just missed meeting you. You had been talking to Tony Melody by the BRA/Autogyro Experience tent and as we walked away he mentioned who he had been talking to.

Did look out for you after that but never saw you again, pity as I would have liked to say hi.

Afternoon was better and I thought the gust and windy conditions really showed off the gyro's superior handling qualities in that type of weather.

Hi Leigh

That's a shame - hopefully bump into each other another time - maybe I'll get up to Little Riss one day.

The gyros coped well in the conditions, looking a lot more "with it" than some of the flexwings that were almost going sideways.

Rotorsport the UK Auto-Gyro agents had a much bigger display than Magni with three gyros in static plus the demonstrators whereas Magni had just the two ( busy ) demonstrators.

It was good to see the M24 Orion right next to the Cavalon on the flightline - the "Total Air" Calidus got a lot of attention too for its attractive colour scheme.

Shame than none of our older design gyros visited, I suspect the weather didn't help the prospect of a cross-country to Popham.

I suspect both modern dealers were happy with their busy day, they looked much busier than some of the ultralight stands.

Cheers

Steve