SUB4 upgrade ;)

Boots

Aircraft
GYROBEE 447 / Sport Copter
For those that wanted to see this very nice engine . Here is Scotts (AirScooter) upgraded SUB-4 MPFI . :first: :flame::flame::flame:

https://vimeo.com/169454163

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
How does she fly Rodney?

How does she compared to your Gyrobee?

The Dominator belongs to Scott (AirScooter) on the forum . He had the engine rebuilt
and changed to crank trigger ignition and Multi port fuel injection .

Groundhog / James,

Would you want to sell the SUB 4?

what is a SUB-4,is it a EA-81 conversion of some kind?

Best regards,

what is a SUB-4,is it a EA-81 conversion of some kind?

Eddie, it's an EA81 with aftermarket heads with individual intake and exhaust ports for each cylinder to facilitate tuned intake manifolds and exhaust headers. They were supplied with a special camshaft and claimed 115-125 HP, according to media coverage at the time. The engine was introduced in the US at Sun 'n' Fun in 2000.

Thanks Paul,sounds like a great engine.

Best regards,

@airscooter ; it's just wasting away in my garage full of junk. It has no ignition or fuel system. My hope was to put something like the FAST system on to manage both systems electronically because that has proven much more reliable.Between work ,a farm, and a couple of service clubs including the masons, and our local ground search and rescue it always seem to get put aside.
All that to say I don't want to sell it but somedays I feel I should.

James,

Well, on one of those days you feel like you should sell it. Shoot me a price. I know how it is having more to do than time to do it.

by looking at the picture airscooter's sub4 has a ram performance fuel injection setup and crank-fired ignition.:noidea:

rodney pra #34946