Rebuilt trailer, ready for Bensen Days

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
I had been looking at trailers, and decided they were all too expensive, So I cut mine in half with a sawzall and widened it 1 foot and lengthened it 3 feet. cost $150 and took a few hours..I painted it with some leftover Boeing landing gear paint. :) I am ready with the trailer, now to get the gyro ready..

IMG_5684-1.jpg

IMG_5683-1.jpg

Howdy Tim!
You can come visit any time Mark! :)

I even welded on 10 tie down rings since there are never enough places for straps.

What??? No electric winch? No electric motor on the nose-gear? Where's the advanced technology?

I must admit though, that I like the tie-downs...saw them right away. It doesn't look like you scrimped on the trailer re-wire either. That's worth 1 atta-boy.

Scott doesn't do anything half assed! Surprises me with the gas prices that the CRX is collecting dust in the back corner though.

Ron that CRX stops collecting dust this week!!!
Problem is I enjoy driving that Benz a whole lot. :D

Scott the trailer looks good man, hope it works out just great and you have a safe trip to B/Days,,

Sorry we missed you at the 56 meeting this time...

Scott
The trailer is looking good!
Just stick a hitch on the Benz and you'll be ready to go.

Nice job Scott, actually like all you do!!

A Benz with a trailer hitch, well it just not done.

Actually I did put a hitch on the Benz last year, It sure drives nicer than the 1988 F-150 on a road trip! :D Sometimes it is just hard to get away from your Redneck roots...If only it was a station wagon, that is what I really wanted....

Thanks Phil, I need to get another door section, so I can get the tractor in and out, then it is going in the back of the hangar.

Scott that trailer looks awesome! Do you think you could fit one more toy in there????? LOL :) See you at BD!

There is ALWAYS room for one more, That is my problem... :)

How wide(horizontal)? I take them down to put new doors in, I'll try to get one by Bensen Days. Also, you'll need stronger springs, stepped intermediate hinges and longer cables. Insulated sections or not, smooth or textured panels, how many sections do you have now? Any info can help.

Phil, I think it is 16ft wide, I'll measure and get some more info. It was standard 7ft. door. I would like to have it about 9-10 ft tall, I'll see what I can do later and get you a good pic, and a mfg name.