ufo

T

turbo950

Does anyone know what has happened to the miracle machine helithruster froom NZ.? Did it turnout to be a scam? just wondering.

new to this site

Hellithruster - UFO

Hellithruster - UFO

This whole thing is very strange. The factory seems to be in full time production in spite of the fact that up until recently anyway, the aircraft had never been tested with the doors on!
Most of the performance figures supplied can't be believed. Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.
Strange how some 'manufacturers' can get away with selling selling any aircraft that hasn't had extensive testing in all conditions. Shades of the RAF which are considered lethal in Australia without at least an HS.
This one's field of expertise was previously in boat building I'm told.

Two kits have been imported to Australia to my knowledge. Both needed extensive modification to be passed safe. One has since crashed, although it appears to have been pilot error. Short strip, no wind, wire fence, sadly resulting in a fatality.

they said that they do have the airworthiness certification of CAA.
i am not sure about it.
This whole thing is very strange. The factory seems to be in full time production in spite of the fact that up until recently anyway, the aircraft had never been tested with the doors on!
Most of the performance figures supplied can't be believed. Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.
Strange how some 'manufacturers' can get away with selling selling any aircraft that hasn't had extensive testing in all conditions. Shades of the RAF which are considered lethal in Australia without at least an HS.
This one's field of expertise was previously in boat building I'm told.

Two kits have been imported to Australia to my knowledge. Both needed extensive modification to be passed safe. One has since crashed, although it appears to have been pilot error. Short strip, no wind, wire fence, sadly resulting in a fatality.

Ufo

Ufo

Yes I can tell you we have just become the united states distributor for the UFO two ships are on their way and will be here in 6 weeks..

They will be marketed under Bailey rotorcraft
Our web site will be up shortly .. However We can help with some updated pictures but this happens to be my first reply on the forum I am new but we have a sparrowhawk a barnett whom we are a dealer for now as well ... WE have the ability to train in 4 different gyros and sell two different types ..

Thanks for your inquiry

I Need Info!!!!

I Need Info!!!!

Doc
Good luck in your new endeavor.
We in the states look at the UFO with some skepticism. The guys I have talked too that have flown the UFO from down under say they are quite a bird. I would like to know more about there rotors. I understand that they have an incredible glide ratio. But that is all I know.

Are they composite?
Who makes them?
I NEED INFO!!!!

Thanks

Doc
Good luck in your new endeavor.
We in the states look at the UFO with some skepticism. The guys I have talked too that have flown the UFO from down under say they are quite a bird. I would like to know more about there rotors. I understand that they have an incredible glide ratio. But that is all I know.

Are they composite?
Who makes them?
I NEED INFO!!!!

Thanks

Hang on there ............you will find no one down under in Australia that will endorse them as "Quite a bird"
To be brutally honest, you will find that only one ever got to flyable, and that was after major re engineering, redesigning etc etc etc by the purchaser.
That builder has had considerable gyro experience over many years, ask him for his views.............bet they are something like........." don't touch em, not even with a 40ft pole "
Even the one and only flying test gyro at the "factory" was totalled a year or so ago..........by "their test pilot".
There is one more here in Oz, that was painstakingly "built", over some years, was presented to a certifier to get signed off, would not pass, many many defects...........owner has tossed in the towel.........it's now for sale.

As to "unreal glide ratio".........yea all gyros glide like a brick, but we do it safely.
Blades............believe they have purchased a couple of different sets, from 2 makers here in Oz........one is glass, the other extruded alloy type. Have flown both makers blades over these years, know em well, one is quite good actually, the other is average.

Buy one of these machines at your own peril......seek qualified feedback from other flying "UFO" owners................yip, there ain't none.

Their sales "hype" is top class..............:suspicious:

Last edited: