Selling My RAF. :( $18,500

CjAwe

Aircraft
RAF 2000/Cessna 172
Ok, I couldn't figure out how to add more pictures to my classified in here and now it won't let me access it: Here's all the info:

It pains me to do this but I'm putting my RAF up for sale. $18,500. Firm. I purchased it almost 2 years ago. I rebuilt the panel to add a Garamin 196 GPS and a NARCO AT 150 Transponder. I turned it on it's side August of '09 on landing. (Many, many badly made decisions that day.) I spent the last year getting it in better shape than when I bought it including a complete engine rebuild last month. It was test flown by Duane Hunn in Sept, adjusting the push tubes, teeter stops, steering and prop. (Main wheel pants not shown but come with it)

Replacements/Improvements:
* Had the hull overhead strengthened
* Rotor Blades and Hub Bar Replaced (Factory new)
* New Prop (Factory New - Warp Drive)
* Windscreen replaced
* Lower Mast replaced
* Cheekplates replaced
* Torque tube replaced
* Push tubes replaced
* Gimble activation arm replaced (New reinforced style)
* Nose wheel steering shaft replaced
* New Horizontal Stabilizer (Larry Boyer Ultimate Stab)
* New Holly Carburetor
* New Ignition Coil
* All Bearing replaced (Steering, Gimblehead, Pre-rotator, engine)
* All items up to 200 hr checklist
* Annual completed (Professionally) July 2010
* Cylinder heads rebuilt
* Crankshaft rebuilt/Magnafluxed
* All new engine bearings
* Rods reworked to spec
* New piston rings
* New thermostat
* Rebuilt Exhaust (Professionally)
* All hardware in the mast/gimblehead/control system (Nuts/bolts)
* AAE "Flat" antenna
* Rebuilt rudder pedals
* Replaced rudder turnbuckles

I'm selling it because the rebuild has put my Visa up a little higher than I'm comfortable with. My options are to sell, save up and buy something in a year or so or take out another loan. Ugh. I don't like either option but I'm starting at the lesser of 2 evils. If it sells, it sells, if not, i'm keepin' my baby.

Comes with the Transponder, GPS, Radio (Icom IC A5) and intercom (Flightcom IIsx, wired behind the head) and new AAI flat antenna.

While there were many items to be replaced after the rollover, Many I replaced out of piece of mind alone. I cut no corners and spared not expense. (Hence the visa...)

Trailer available for extra $300. Built from a "Northern Hydraulics" Fold up trailer, strengthened and widened and designed for single person loading. The original trailer cost $300 with $600 in improvements. It is pictured and folds up against a standard garage wall and still fits 2 vehicles.

Blades come in the round blade tube pictured. (included)

Also included for $100 is a rotor lift. Designed so one person can hoist the rotor blades in place. (pictured on the wall behind the blade tube). (originally $100 in materials and $250 in professional welding)

Call me anytime for inquiries or add'l pix. Chris at 952-212-7515

Attachments

• gyro full.JPG
    gyro full.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • gyro panel.jpg
    gyro panel.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 0
  • gyro rear.jpg
    gyro rear.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • rotor tube.JPG
    rotor tube.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about the roll over. Happens. Ugh. BUT...to the rest, this appears to be an excellent deal. Happy selling Cj and good luck!

Ok...No interest from the Rotary Forum so far. Does anyone know of any other media likely to sell a Gyro?

I am interested but i just bought a sail boat, with the economy the way it is i am not going in debt.

Ok...No interest from the Rotary Forum so far. Does anyone know of any other media likely to sell a Gyro?

There's been over 450 views (when I posted this). I'd say there's been a lot of interest in checking it out. It takes time for someone to think about making a major purchase and some need time to gather funds.

Tims right, it's only been a week. RAFs are still selling but: If you will settle for far less than you want, it will sell fast, if you want what your asking for, give it some time.

interest

interest

[/color] oh the interest is there but funds are limited, but it never hurts to wish

Last edited:
What is the allup weight? Can you fly this with a sport pilot rating?

Joe- My RAF had the same EJ22 engine in it. Heres the worst case scenario I had for lifting a load. I weigh 220. My son Jeff was along at 270 pounds. I was 1/2 full of fuel....and it was 85 degrees out. We flew off a 3500 foot runway. It didnt climb very well....but this is the worst case scenario. I mean....look at the load I had. Any passenger my size was much better of course.

Stan

Thanks Stan, I will admit its tempting. I am thinking when i get to your age, one of these sedate enclosed jobs might be just the ticket.:lol:

You will need that cabin the next few days it sounds like down therein the sunshine state.

We arent going to be above freezing for awhile.

Stan

Actually what is the gross weight claimed on the registration?

Gross weight is not listed on the registration. Some builders do list gross weight on the permanently attached Data Plate. But that weight is not required to be listed.

The weight and balance sheet(s) are the only place the gross weight is required for an EAB or ELSA aircraft.