I've Had It!

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
This hosting company is killing me. Their service has just gotten worse and worse. The forum has been horrible all weekend and their response is typical..."we're working on it".

Good for them....we're movin'

Everything should be pretty transparent, but I'm moving servers this week. I will need to bring the board down for a few hours, but that shouldn't be much different than the way its running right now :mad:

I've also spent some time looking at vBulletin software. It is very slick and offers lots of features that we don't have here. I will be researching a bit more, but I'll probably be looking at a conversion to vBulletin. According to what I've read, there shouldn't be any problems moving all the messages and user information.

I'm not unhappy with the way YaBBSE has been running. I'm just a little concerned about this open source / free software thing. The support can be kind of sketchy and at this point I'd rather buy a proven product thats being used by boards that are literally 1000x larger than ours.

I apologize for how crappy things have been running lately. I'm really hoping to have things working better this week.

Todd

Re:I've Had It!

I just did a little searching and found a couple examples of huge boards that are using the vBulletin software.

One board has over 257,000 members and over 7 million messages.

We'll have to work pretty hard to catch up ;D

Phil,

I'm almost positive the vBulletin will work for the Mac Guys. Try going to http://www.vbulletin.com/ and check out the forum there. If it works for you there, it should work when we upgrade. To my knowledge its one of the most highly used bulletin board systems available. Any of the Mac guys take a look and let me know.

Todd

gee Todd,
This is the best board I have been to. I tried the Rotorcom but could not get the hang of it. I believe you have done a fantastic job. The information I have gain here is certainly worth a donation or something. The "Good Book" says the Labor is worth his hire... So if a donation will help let me know....