Good job Tim ! And I thought you were just a sleazy old biker. :D

Ghost writer ?

Ghost writer ?

That cannot be Tim !

Had to be ghost written.

Who knew he was such an intellectual ?:lol::boink:

well done !

Jonathan

Yeah you lost a lot of street cred with that article.

Great job Tim, I bet you really opened some eyes out there and hopefully have opened a door with a welcome mat for many present and future gyro pilots out there. Hi Five bro!

thanks,they want me to write more and I have had several E-mails from it. I plan to do my next one on trainging what to expect when you go for traing as a new student. in the next week or so I plan to go back to s.c. and fly some more.

it all started when I E-mailed the baroness to ask why they did not have a featured Rotorcraft,and said there is alot of intrest in sport Rotorcraft lately.
and they asked if I would be intrested in being a contributeing editor.I said as long as they can proof read it and do the spell check I would give it a try. I wish I could have made bensen days,they would have been a great story. they want me to use my own pics. I guess if someone send me pics with permission I could use them.
anyway this was a first time try. not a pro at any rate, but I will do what I can here to promote the sport.
also I need all the instructiors to E-mail me your contact info and rates and what you train in so I can pass the info along.

I already had one E-mail today from a guy in S.c. that want to go for a flight with Gary Neal.

anyway glad ya'll enjoyed it. look for more to come in the next editions.

Great job Tim, I bet you really opened some eyes out there and hopefully have opened a door with a welcome mat for many present and future gyro pilots out there. Hi Five bro!

yeah I am just tired of Gyros getting prejudged at the mere mention.

Gyros have come along way and we deserve to fly as well as any other aircraft.

At least if an FBO op. takes time to talk to a Gyro owner, he may learn if that person has taken time to get trained before just saying no go home.

who knows maybe it will encourge some fixed wing CFI's to get rated in Gyros and bring in some more instructiors.

That cannot be Tim !

Had to be ghost written.

Who knew he was such an intellectual ?:lol::boink:

well done !

Jonathan
yeah scary huh..lol

I am pretty smart when ya talk to me, just hard for me to put stuff in writing since my spelling sucks..lol

Good job Tim ! And I thought you were just a sleazy old biker. :D
but I am I am, I even hang out with patch holders.

when ya have freinds like these guys ya don't worry about enemys.

But I was into Gyro way before I was into bikes.
I love to fly but the bikes get the babes and me likes babes...lol

I just hope my next write up's come out as good. it was really a spur of the moment thing, and as you can see now they have a featured Rotorcraft... :)

Attachments

• IM006663.jpg
    IM006663.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
What's cookin'? (in the picture) looks like phone poles and a couple of Jap bikes! LOL :)

Tim: I agree with everyone else.....great job! You could turn your Falcon build into a good article for all the magazines.

Stan

Great job, Tim! I think you hit the nail the first time out: People think gyros ARE dangerous because many years ago some of them WERE dangerous, and very few people have been updated on the improvements that have been made. That might even be an idea for another article: to go deeper into some of the specific improvements.

And I admire your bravery in singling out the RAF as a safe gyro, knowing the brouhaha that will likely cause in the discussion groups : )

What's cookin'? (in the picture) looks like phone poles and a couple of Jap bikes! LOL :)

Scott ,that was at a Benifit for one of the members son's that needs a kidney transplant, it was 45 degrees and rainy and the place was standing room only in the Bar. I don't know if you have been around patch holders are not, but a packed bar can be a powder keg. so alot of us opted to hang out in he parking lot. they where burning about anything from boxes to big poles.

it was a good turn out, had rep's from all 13 clubs in the North Carolina Coilition show up. and the great news is they rised more then expected.

strangely not a jap bike in the parking lot..lol

Tim: I agree with everyone else.....great job! You could turn your Falcon build into a good article for all the magazines.

Stan
Stan I am kind of under contract with barnstromers that I won't send the same Articale to other magizines.

But I am going to do my best to do articles that explain how Gyros have evolved and just how they fly in simple terms so the beginner can under stand it.

and of course stress flight training.

I need a list of all the instriuctiors, where they are loctaed, rates and what they train in. so if I get E-mails I can refer the people to the closest instructor.

And I admire your bravery in singling out the RAF as a safe gyro, knowing the brouhaha that will likely cause in the discussion groups : )
Well it's safer with a good instructior,then just going out and trying to teach your self to fly. also they was in referance to being one of the first enclosed 2 seat gyros.

when I go into more about Gyros I plan to show more of the newer Enclosed Gyro's discuss the differance from CLT and HTL and the advantages and
disadvantages of the 2.

see the forum is packed full of good info, when ya wade thru all the mud slining by some of the anti RAF people, and like it or not makes us look bad.

so I wanted to reach out to the general public, the Fixed wing pilots and FBO owners that only know us as the flying lawn chairs that go splat.

I mean look how much safer even a newer built Bensen machine or Air command is now days.

now days most gyro pilots are useing hand held radios and GPS and have training.

so next time I hear some fixed wing pilot complain that a Gyro cut him off in the pattern, I just want to ask that fixed wing pilot, where you listening to your radio?

also I want to explain that by FAA rules we are required if I remember right to fly a tighter pattern to avoid the fixed wing traffic.

I have alot I want to get out, just a matter, if I can get my facts rights ( the way the FAA keeps changeing things) and in a clear and professional way.

Tina did a great job on her write up to sport avaition Mag. several fixed wing pilots had talked to me after they had read hers. but unless you are a memeber of EAA, you would not have seen it.

what I think is great about being able to write for barnstormers, is, that this reachs people they may just be looking for something to fly,and shows the new pilot that with proper training and a well designed Gyro they can fly fairly safe and hopefull will bring more into the sport. who knows maybe the link to PRA will get a few new members.

at the worse just maybe when one of us goes into an airport we won't be look at like some bastard child.

anyway I am doing what I can. hope it has good results.

wish me luck, I am going to need it. the E-mails I have received shows they want more.

"Fling lawnchairs that go splat" Tim, you got that right. Nice work. Imagine if we all wrote articles for magazines or put pictures out there (nod to Tim O)

I was pushed over the gyro edge by a story in a airplane parts catalog!
In the early seventies, there was a company in Benton Harbor, Michigan called ACI. They sold airplane parts to owners. They had a "catalog" called the ACI Flyer that was sent to most aircraft owners.
One issue featured a story about a local gyro pilot. His vivid and entertaining description of gyro flight was what it took to push me over the edge and actively pursue my own first gyro.

I'd like to thank whoever the author was.

"Fling lawnchairs that go splat" Tim, you got that right. Nice work. Imagine if we all wrote articles for magazines or put pictures out there (nod to Tim O)

I was pushed over the gyro edge by a story in a airplane parts catalog!

One issue featured a story about a local gyro pilot. His vivid and entertaining description of gyro flight was what it took to push me over the edge and actively pursue my own first gyro.

I am hopeing to do a write up on my flight training next and how much fun training is to learn from the intructior what a Gyro can do nd how to do it.

I think if I can convey that the Training is fun and not just something required.

That maybe more people will go seek out an intructior for a ride or some training.

I hope to get a cheap lap top to take with me when I go back down to s.c. and write my next story between flights with more photos.

I told Gary I would like to sit down with him and write the Story as if we had never flown together before and write a story step by step of what a new student can expect.

I think that would be a good next story, then from there I will get more into what makes a gyro fly and the differant types.

Anyway thats just some of what I have in mind. I still don't know if I am by far the best person for this job, but if I can at least change a few minds about gyros and get people on the right track then my job is done.

like I said I kind of got drafted..lol as they say beware what ya ask for.. :)

thanks for the kind words. who knows maybe even the PRA will get some new memebers, I would be very happy to here some reports of new members joining becouse they saw the link to the PRA and the forum.