RAF2000 For Sale $14K.....

Mostly the cabin area, seat tank, and bucket seats. I've pondered the idea of changing mine out and installing two 12 - 15 gallon seat tanks.

Mostly the cabin area, seat tank, and bucket seats. I've pondered the idea of changing mine out and installing two 12 - 15 gallon seat tanks.

I don't have any DETAILED pics of the tank installation, but to give you an idea here are the approximate measurements of mine. These are not EXACT but close.
At the front 13 inches wide X 6 1/2 inches deep. At the rear, they are 13 inches wide X 8 1/2 inches deep. They are FLAT on the top and taper down on the bottom so all fuel will flow to the rear. Overall, they are 23 or 24 inches long. My cabin is the THICK version. Approximately 3/8 inch thick with the styrofoam core in the middle. Some models have the very thin single layer 1/8 inch thick cabin. The cabin floor had to be cut out so the tanks are installed FROM THE BOTTOM. All plumbing is at the rear on the bottom of the tanks which facilitates VERY EASY future maintenance...
There's a flang at the front INSIDE which is bolted to the cabin floor. At the rear is another flange on the OUTSIDE which is bolted to the cabin. Additionally, there's a 1/2 inch tubular support tube coming down diagonally from the vertical keel.
Filler port is on the right side, OUTSIDE of the cabin... There's a 5/8 inch crossover tube at the rear of the tanks so fuel flows freely from right to left. The left tank has the Fuel Level sender and a 1/4 inch air vent...

My seats were purchased at a local Tractor Supply, cost of $300.00
The metal shop charged me $680 for the fuel tank work. He did ALL the work to include cutting out the cabin etc. SO, $980 total cost, but that's still cheaper than $1500 from RAF plus shipping costs from South Africa :)

Glen

Jordy,
That CAN be done.

Several years ago, I sold a 2 place Buccaneer to a gentleman in Thailand and he contacted an International Forwarding Agent in Miami, Florida and made arrangements to have a ship container delivered to my airport for me to load it and he received it in Thailand about 3 weeks later.

Glen

Maybe I could get this neat little unit to Oz?

Sunday and Monday folks that SAID they were coming to see it never showed up so I've written them off as "TIRE KICKERS" !
SO, RAF2000 is still for sale .......
Price is FIRM and I have no desire to TRADE for anything... :)

is the raf 2000 still for sale

Last edited:
I'd kind of like to get it.....I'll let you know when I have the money. I'll probably get it all together right after someone buys it!

Extremely busy with work at the moment, so that'll help.

I can't believe how many calls I get every day about the RAF.
Mostly "Tire Kickers", but it only takes one person with the money
to buy it :)
Soon as it does sell, I'll post it here so everyone will know..

Several keep asking why I'm only asking $14K instead of $18k to $30k like some others.... I just want to get my investment back out of it. Not trying to make any profit...
I may have to raise the price so it will sell easier.... :rolleyes:

Let me know when you are ready and if you're lucky, I'll still have it.

Glen

I'd kind of like to get it.....I'll let you know when I have the money. I'll probably get it all together right after someone buys it!

Extremely busy with work at the moment, so that'll help.

I know....I just bought a low time set of DW's for the Red Rocket. I am thinking about selling it and half the parts I have to finance the purchase of this machine. If anyone is interested in a 582 Air Command CLT, let me know. I'm polishing it up.

Phil

Phil,
I've still got my RAF 2000 For Sale.
I've added some pictures on my website for anyone else interested.
[url]http://www.keymaker.com/gyro[/URL]

Glen

I know....I just bought a low time set of DW's for the Red Rocket. I am thinking about selling it and half the parts I have to finance the purchase of this machine. If anyone is interested in a 582 Air Command CLT, let me know. I'm polishing it up.

Phil

I have been saving for a wile now and I am trying to buy a RAF. I think it would take me and my Lady about 5 months to have the rest of the money that you would be asking for. I checked out every kinda gyro there is out there. I know that this is the craft I want (NEED) My Lady & I would be saving together for this. We will not rest from work till we have the money you want for this machine.
we would need the doors with it to pls

P.S If you would be willing to hold onto this gyro for me and my lady we would treat it well and keep it forever :D thx for your time
Peace

I saw all the pic's and I love this craft. Me and my Lady can assure you that it would take us no more than 7 months to have the money for this RAF. We could come and pick it up from were you are. (Also!) Within 4 months I my self will have 6,000 twards this and she will have 4,000 twards it then it would take about a month or 2 till we have 14,000 if you could wait for us we would have the money in full by about 6 months from now were putting about 2 grand twards this a month this would make a grate weding gift for my soon to be wife and I thanks for your time I truly hope you consider my offer.
we really want this craft.
stay in touch and let me know what you think
Peace

Last edited:
Hi James,
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I prefer the "Cash and Carry" type of sale. :)

Let me know when you have the full funds and if I still have it then, it's yours.

Glen

I saw all the pic's and I love this craft. Me and my Lady can assure you that it would take us no more than 7 months to have the money for this RAF. We could come and pick it up from were you are. (Also!) Within 4 months I my self will have 6,000 twards this and she will have 4,000 twards it then it would take about a month or 2 till we have 14,000 if you could wait for us we would have the money in full by about 6 months from now were putting about 2 grand twards this a month this would make a grate weding gift for my soon to be wife and I thanks for your time I truly hope you consider my offer.
we really want this craft.
stay in touch and let me know what you think
Peace

Is this still available for sale?

Is this still available for sale?

I am interested in purchasing this machine if it is still available. Please let me know.

Dave Woody
Email [email protected]

could you please give me a call I have a few question that I would like to ask you
706 8327715

Thanks
Ryan